+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Tamworth 16.10.21 (FACQR4]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I think we have to persist with it. We’ve hardly been successful doing it the non “computer game” way.

Worth trying for a few seasons at least (of which this is still really only the second)
    It’s worth trying as long as there are signs that it will succeed. I haven’t seen any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So if we drop to National League North will you still be saying that? Some people seem happy to accept failure.
    Yes the same facts no matter what division you are talking about. If you get relegated it's because you deserve to be.

The above truth bomb isn't about expectations as fans it's about facts. The history books don't lie say.

Who's specifically is happy accepting failure on here? If you aren't happy what's your plan? Protests against the owners behind the DP stand? Messages written on bedsheets demanding the Head Coach is sacked? Boycott games? A strongly worded letter to the club?

What's the grand plan for the disgruntled moan on NCM?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yes the same facts no matter what division you are talking about. If you get relegated it's because you deserve to be.

The above truth bomb isn't about expectations as fans it's about facts. The history books don't lie say.

Who's specifically is happy accepting failure on here? If you aren't happy what's your plan? Protests against the owners behind the DP stand? Messages written on bedsheets demanding the Head Coach is sacked? Boycott games? A strongly worded letter to the club?

What's the grand plan for the disgruntled moan on NCM?
    The plan is the same as it’s always been, support the club as best I can and hope things improve.

I wonder if Liverpool fans would accept playing in League 1 because it’s statistically difficult to get out of?

I'm sure laddo is in a alternative universe with this argument, he just can't grasp the point I and elite have just made to him.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Should win the replay.

Think we've only lost twice at home to a team two leagues below us in the FA Cup since 1959. To Peterborough in 1981 and to Havant and Waterlooville in 2007.
    Rhyl?

Notts drew 0-0 at Hendon in the FA Cup in 1998 under Allardyce, a club that has never been in tier 5 or 6 since those leagues became part of the Conferemce/NL. So taken in isolation - drawing at Tamworth is not a big deal if (as you'd expect) we win the replay. In the context of this season however, it doesn't exactly fill you with hope for the league games coming up. Are we really not in a position to loan a forward or two from somewhere that might be the spark that gets Notts going again?

For me the facts are we probably have around the 5th best budget, so if we come above that then IB has over achieved. If we had the best budget in the league I would be concerned right now which I imagine the fans of Wrexham and Stockport are. As long as Grimsby don’t just run away it the leagues wide open at the moment and I do believe the club will invest if they believe we are definitely short in a couple of areas.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Rhyl?
    That was before Bath in 1959, but yes - that was at home and we were in tier 2 at the time, Rhyl would have been the equivalent of tier 6 at best. All things weighed up I don't think the club will ever suffer a worse result than that in a cup competition but fewer and fewer remember it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The plan is the same as it’s always been, support the club as best I can and hope things improve.

I wonder if Liverpool fans would accept playing in League 1 because it’s statistically difficult to get out of?
    Taking this a bit further (and hopefully in a months time we will be kicking on so this is a hypothetical question ) if things don’t go to plan over the next couple of months or so do you / we think that the Board and IB will be brave enough to change the ‘philosophy’ if we are near the bottom 3 to avoid the dreaded drop?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Notts drew 0-0 at Hendon in the FA Cup in 1998 under Allardyce, a club that has never been in tier 5 or 6 since those leagues became part of the Conferemce/NL. So taken in isolation - drawing at Tamworth is not a big deal if (as you'd expect) we win the replay. In the context of this season however, it doesn't exactly fill you with hope for the league games coming up. Are we really not in a position to loan a forward or two from somewhere that might be the spark that gets Notts going again?
    Whats happening with the Knight bloke we signed who seemed to be ( pardon my phrase) the ' great white hope' and then played a few games and turned out to be nothing much at all just like the current forward line.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast