+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Tamworth 16.10.21 (FACQR4]

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I agree that performances have been poor. No burying head of hands over ears from me, and of course All isn't well. All I was pointing out is that we aren't the only ones who struggled today.
    It's not just today though is it

I understand that I'll doubtless get savaged by the negarati for this question, especially as I wasn't there, but I am trying to make sense of the disparate opinions on here and elsewhere this evening.

Question to those who attended:

If Ruben's free kick and Cal's good chance had gone in and we'd won 2 - 0 would it still have been considered a terrible performance or is it really just the underwhelming result that's getting people down?

(ETA: I'm seriously not asking this to wind people up, I just didn't get the impression that we were terrible overall today from listening to it on't wireless. Not clinical enough with finishing obviously.)
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-10-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    But the win at Yeovil wasnt? We've been consistently moderate all season. I think the team cobbled together with no pre season after relegation would beat this team at the moment.
    It could have been yes, but obviously not. Perhaps we need a few wins to get that vibe, perhaps I am just a dumb optimist, could well be the latter

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    And?

My point is that Halifax and Wrexham results are arguably worse than ours.

I was waiting for you or someone else to post this. I guess some of us want to look for a positive while others prefer the negative.
    If you can see 0-0 at Tamworth with the side we put out as a positive m_m, I can only admire you. There will always be teams that have arguably worse results than us, but it still doesn’t change our result. It’s time for the excuses to stop if we want to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    It's not just today though is it
    Edit 'All I was pointing out is that we aren't the only ones who struggled against lower league opposition this afternoon'.

Does that make it clearer what I was meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    It could have been yes, but obviously not. Perhaps we need a few wins to get that vibe, perhaps I am just a dumb optimist, could well be the latter
    Nothing wrong with optimism, being negative is easy, most teams aren't successful most seasons, it's an easy call to say we're not good enough and be right 40 times in the last 45 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you can see 0-0 at Tamworth with the side we put out as a positive m_m, I can only admire you. There will always be teams that have arguably worse results than us, but it still doesn’t change our result. It’s time for the excuses to stop if we want to move forward.
    I think you probably know I was not meaning that the result was positive. We should have won, no doubt about it.

I was simply putting it into perspective and making a point that others struggled even more.

I am sure that if we had scored 4 then some would have still pointed out that Grimsby scored 5, why didn't we? (Not you).

Nothing wrong with optimism, being negative is easy, most teams aren't successful most seasons, it's an easy call to say we're not good enough and be right 40 times in the last 45 seasons.
    True, but seeing our position (given the level we are currently at) as acceptable isn’t for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, but seeing our position (given the level we are currently at) as acceptable isn’t for me.
    Nor me, I think we're failing and that Burchnall is facing a month that could make or break him.
    I just didn't want it to seem like I was having a bash at Bule for being hopeful.

Nor me, I think we're failing and that Burchnall is facing a month that could make or break him.
    I just didn't want it to seem like I was having a bash at Bule for being hopeful.
    I would love to join the positive gang, but I’ve not yet seen anywhere near enough to tempt me. My increasing concern is that we have owners who are trying to play a kind of computer game with a real football club. It will be great if they triumph, but in my opinion the approach they are taking is based on data that won’t be particularly effective at this level.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast