+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Tamworth 16.10.21 (FACQR4]

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    We are looking at more than one or two. Striker, central midfielder, two wingbacks and a commanding centre half. I make that five.
    You've quoted the wrong person Woody, I'm not the one who stated 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Right, so you know how long I’ll spend on there better than I do?

If you want to discuss it further take it to the correct thread rather than derailing this one.
    You already beat me to it old chap.

5 mins

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    But the win at Yeovil wasnt? We've been consistently moderate all season. I think the team cobbled together with no pre season after relegation would beat this team at the moment.
    Don't mention "no preseason" that's guaranteed to upset a few they don't believe it. They won't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I would love to join the positive gang, but I’ve not yet seen anywhere near enough to tempt me. My increasing concern is that we have owners who are trying to play a kind of computer game with a real football club. It will be great if they triumph, but in my opinion the approach they are taking is based on data that won’t be particularly effective at this level.
    I think we have to persist with it. We’ve hardly been successful doing it the non “computer game” way.

Worth trying for a few seasons at least (of which this is still really only the second)

I didn't attend the game today or listen to it on the radio and have only read the comments on here. On the face of it a 0-0 draw against a part-time team two leagues below us is dissapointing.

It's results like this that for me just emphasise how far this club has fallen. I know we got knocked out by non-league sides when we were much higher, and we have not been beaten or knocked out but we shouldn't need to be having as many chances as we did today by the sounds of it and not score a single goal. We need to be far more clinical and more ruthless in front of goal when the opportunity to score presents itself like we did on the opening day against Barnet.

It could have been worse, it wasn't as bad a result as Hornchurch last season, which for me was the worst defeat in our history. What we need to do is put them to the sword at Meadow Lane on Tuesday and be ruthless and build some confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Problem is, this interview is pretty much rinse and repeat for last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You already beat me to it old chap.

5 mins
    Ok, I’ll take it to the correct thread.

Turn the record over Burchnall

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Turn the record over Burchnall
    It's an LP, this side isn't worn out yet.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast