+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Well pleased with that. I was worried at the start due to the lack of defensive cover on the bench. Mattock was stripped and warming up before the game but looked to be struggling hence why he wasn't named probably, but where was Tom Bola, I can't believe we would field a team with no defensive subs, oddoffin apart. Also I couldn't see how we could change the team if needed, to bring Chio on we couldn't take Harding off as we would be even more light for defenders.
    As it happens we didn't need them but upto us scoring I thought we may have.
    We did well to be one up at half time upto then they were the best team we've seen down here this season. They bossed the first 20 minutes and looked dangerous, we rallied and ended the half the stronger but my doubts reoccurred when they equalised.
    Fortunately they are s##t defensively and have a very dodgy keeper. They imploded after our second and just couldn't deal with Wiles, Rathbone and Barlaser in the middle.
    Then Chio comes on and runs them ragged, class.
    Johansson. Didn't know much about their lads shot in first half but other than that, excellent, comes and collects well.
    Edmonds Green. Seems to get better each game, but I'd still rather have Harding there.
    Wood. Didn't put a foot wrong.
    Ihiekwe. A few errors but lad is out of position.
    Barlaser. Silly mistake for their goal but no one was angrier than him about it and brilliant otherwise.
    Rathbone. What a player, has everything for me one of the best signings we've made, wish he hadn't done that pointless tackle to get booked.
    Wiles. Was a real thorn in their side today, that's why the rough housed him. Still prone to giving silly passes away,but ran at them brilliantly.
    Miller. Glad to see him back as an option did what he needed to do well, thought he ought to have took them on a bit more earlier on.
    Smith. Immense, we need to try to keep him here and happy.
    Grigg. Quieter game today but got stuck in and showed his class and commitment.
    Ogbene. Their defence must have bobbed themselves when he came on, 3 men on him and he still showed them his knob.
    Ladapo. Special mention for him as I've given him stick for not putting enough in. But he did today well done Freddie.
    More of that please, I'd really like to gubb Wycombe on Tuesday, I don't like them or their manager.
    Last point, why take Smudge off when he's on a hat trick.
    Agree with most of that, however..........did you miss Freddie's customary fresh air shot? Fortunately he was offside but why is he prone to completely missing the ball, and..........Smith was obviously taken off to make sure he is ok for Tuesday.

George Hirst. Deary me I think that lad needs to find a different career.

He actually had a decent chance in acres of space when he came on albeit from distance just outside the box.
    Under no pressure at all Not only did he miss the target his actually skewed the ball so far wide it went outside the 6 yd box.

First of all I'd like to give a massive shout out to the Pompey supporters, I sit down near the away end and they were brilliant and vocal all game so a big shout for them.
    However, their team let the supporters down big time, and other than the goal, were mainly 2nd best and I feel they are destined for mid table on that showing.
    Just how Ben Wiles didn't get MOM I really dont know but we are starting to look like a top team, and with the squad we have we should be.
    It now seems as though PW doesnt have a regular first eleven, but does have some that play more than others, but we are so strong, especially from the bench, that nothing seems to disrupt how we play, even when we make subs.
    Anyway, still a long way to go, but we cant complain too much about how things are going at the moment, and long may that continue UTM

Towerslovechild, well spoken, I'm a little sluggish myself, at three in the morning, and from all accounts everyone played really well, great result,.! Rotherham united,.!

Great day and result............on a little foot note....

I sit near the back of the West stand, near to the press, when the teams were taking the knee someone behind us was booing, very loud. A couple of people came and spoke to us about it at half time. The Steward went to the guy and mentioned the booing, the guy asked him what offence have i committed? None was his answer but the players could hear him booing.........ffs. Go away then, it's called free speech..........
    A well respected millers supporter who sits with the press mentioned it to us that it was our Management team what reported it............free speech indeed.
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 16-10-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Still don't see anyone we should fear in this division. We have a class league 1 squad and are starting to show it. Really looking forward to Tuesday, the game I'm eagerly awaiting. For me Wycombe are the strongest challenges to us for winning the league. As per my pre season finished table, yes I still believe we will win it.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Great day and result............on a little foot note....

I sit near the back of the West stand, near to the press, when the teams were taking the knee someone behind us was booing, very loud. A couple of people came and spoke to us about it at half time. The Steward went to the guy and mentioned the booing, the guy asked him what offence have i committed? None was his answer but the players could hear him booing.........ffs. Go away then, it's called free speech..........
    A well respected millers supporter who sits with the press mentioned it to us that it was our Management team what reported it............free speech indeed.
    Without jumping into the general debate on the topic I sat next to the home dugout today and it was indeed PW who reported whatever was happening up the stand (I couldn't see where they were looking so didn't know what it was about although I heard Richie Barker say 'he's not even hiding it') but the Police immediately marched off towards the corner of the stand to check CCTV I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Without jumping into the general debate on the topic I sat next to the home dugout today and it was indeed PW who reported whatever was happening up the stand (I couldn't see where they were looking so didn't know what it was about although I heard Richie Barker say 'he's not even hiding it') but the Police immediately marched off towards the corner of the stand to check CCTV I'm guessing.
    He was very near to some fans in the West Stand that were actually applauding the “ taking the knee”

Maybe it’s time for those that boo to laugh at it instead, to see how empty and hilarious the gesture really is.

Or maybe just time to drop it completely?

If anything it’s made matters worse than before

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He was very near to some fans in the West Stand that were actually applauding the “ taking the knee”

Maybe it’s time for those that boo to laugh at it instead, to see how empty and hilarious the gesture really is.

Or maybe just time to drop it completely?

If anything it’s made matters worse than before
    I think a lot of people have stopped booing now and sit in silence instead, when half the ground booed none would have been reported, now its just a few they think its easier to pick people off.

Shame on the management team...pathetic!

I enjoyed the game but you usually do when you win 4-1.We must have the best midfield in this league my m.o. m Basil if he had been here last season we may have stayed up.Please ask Ronnie to give Kayode 6mths One to one training because I thing he could be a very good player for us.Smith could just be selling him self come January I'm afraid.Roll on Tuesday same again please.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast