+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

I believe about 50% of our squad who made the decision to take the knee yesterday are black. I wonder if there would have been booing if 50% of the crowd was black? I'm ambivalent towards the gesture but certainly wouldn't boo the players who decide to do it.

The problem with the knee at our matches is that the players, management team, stewards and now by the sounds of it the police are imposing their views on many who disagree with it. It could be argued that it's RUFC,s stadium and we have to do what they want if we enter their premises.

On the other side of the coin, we pay our money to watch a football match and therefore we should not be subjected to someone else's opinions and be reprimanded if we disagree.
    It's also detracting from the job in hand if our management have to take time out seconds before KO to make complaints when they should not have distractions like that and should be concentrating on the game.

Very disappointed in PW, the club and the police if that happened yesterday.
    Time for a huge rethink particularly as we already have a successful kick it out campaign which I think was very effective but now seems to take a back seat

That was brilliant.

First half Pompey looked a yard faster than us and their passing and movement were the best I've seen this year. We scored, in my opinion, against the run of play. Then it happened: A Pompey goal from a rate Barlaser lapse. The "here we go again" was palpable throughout the ground. Pompey fans sang poud and we skulked in our seats awaiting the inevitable 2nd goal from them.

But no. Not this time. Their goal simply kicked us into another gear. The 20 minutes that followed simply blew Portsmouth away. Wave after wave after wave of constant Millers pressure towards the North Stand. And the noise at that time was truly amazing. How good is the New York when we're "on one"!!!

By the end Portsmouth looked crest fallen. They'd scored. That annoyed us and they got swatted away.

How the feck did Rochdale keep hold of Ollie Rathbone for 5 years!!!

Taking the knee is it just for the ethnic group of who it was started for or all non-white ethnic groups? I don't boo against anyone but if it's for all after what happened Friday it's like that's forgotten if players are still taking the knee. That's not being racist it's just how I see it.

Ffs if fans are being approached for booing then time to call it a day. Come on we’ve all heard far worse in the stands and still do which doesn’t seem a problem, we all heard what ref was called. On the other hand if they were racist verbals then get them banned.

Anyway on to game, first half I though we were all over place, Pompey were looking like they had extra players on pitch and we just couldn’t get anywhere near our end.

Thank the lord when we scored, I was that relieved I cheered like we won a cup 😂
    Then they scored and I thought that’s it a draw on the cards but no Warney decided to give them extra weetabix and boom the goals came from very good play
    All four goals were good but Woody scored the best for me
    Miller motm
    Ref was a clown and I’m not arguing about it.

Well done lads and well done Warney who seems to now not be afraid to mix it up/change it

Still 5th with Wycombe up next which could well be a very tight or embarrassing game
    Calm down 😂

He obviously didn't make it to the NYS after Liverpool,s early KO

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp called Mohamed Salah "the best" player in the world after the Egyptian's sublime display in the 5-0 win at Watford

"He is top. We all see it. Who is better than him?" Klopp told BT Sport.

Might want a rethink once he's watched the Quest highlights

Everytime Smudge scores the jubilation for his hard work paying off is followed fairly quickly by 'oh we are going to lose him' and that gets stronger each time he scores. Damn.

Same with Ogbene, like gru said, thank goodness he can't cross otherwise we wouldn't have him. Catch 22.

Be great, but not noticeably.

I don’t boo players from opposition teams or our own for anything. Such as diving or winding up the crowd.
    So I certainly wouldn’t boo our own players. I think booing is childish, embarrassing and a bit pantomime villain.
    I just ignore the kneeing. It’s surprising how easy it is not to notice sommat.

However. Approaching fans and speaking to them about booing is out of order. We were regularly called a town full of pedos by away supporters. How many of them were reported and approached?

Both first goals against the run of Play. This strange new goalkeeping method of patting the ball down looks really poor when control is lost.
    Pompy looked good up to an hour in, but the lads just blitzed them
    I support the kneeling, it gets people talking. We should respect their choice.
    Away fans were excellent, but I have to laugh when 'big' sides jeer our attendance. The crowds are small because YOU ARE A THIRD DIVISION TEAM, JUST LIKE US.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Both first goals against the run of Play. This strange new goalkeeping method of patting the ball down looks really poor when control is lost.
    Pompy looked good up to an hour in, but the lads just blitzed them
    I support the kneeling, it gets people talking. We should respect their choice.
    Away fans were excellent, but I have to laugh when 'big' sides jeer our attendance. The crowds are small because YOU ARE A THIRD DIVISION TEAM, JUST LIKE US.
    Works both ways

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast