+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

It's an unusual feeling to have a stress free 4:30-5:00 (or 8:30-9:00 if you are CT or me) on a Saturday afternoon (morning) when we are playing. Just after half time it was the usual doom and gloom as we let Pompey back in the game but within the blink of an eye (or the time it took me to get a bowl of Cornflakes) it was 4-1, the game was over and MS's valuation had risen again. The only disappointment was that the 4 teams above us also won so it's on to Tuesday and the next big game as 2nd placed Wycombe come to NYS.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 16-10-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Delighted with that. What a great team performance in the second half. Our midfield is a real powerhouse. Haven’t seen that level of play in many a year. Rathbone is such a force of energy. He will go places I’m sure.

Hirst continues to underwhelm with his new club. Pompey are a decent side but have a weak defence.

I was pleased to see Roy Ironside’s grandson, Joe, get the late equalizer for Cambridge to earn them a point against Ipswich. (When I met Roy a few years back I remember him speaking very proudly about Joe.)

Smith and Ollie were outstanding today. But after the first 20 minutes I thought we were second best.
    Harness was terrorising us.

Special mention for Miller today who came in and did a cracking job.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post

Hirst continues to underwhelm with his new club. Pompey are a decent side but have a weak defence.
    It pleased me when I saw Raggett in their defence. I thought he was poor when he played for us.

I couldn't go today as it's youngest's birthday but that's a great result. Smith keeps banging them in too.

Good job I wasn't there or we'd have lost!! Unfortunately for everyone, I'm going Tuesday.

In the balance at half time thought they were better, second half was like a red tide. Wiles Motm, Smudge his normal self ...excellent, Rathbone what a player, Miller was fantastic.

Then Cheio comes on and murders their right back

Not a classic despite the five goals in the game but yet again we've shown that we can score goals, and doesn't that make a change from us saying that "we need a striker". Shame about the sloppiness from Barlaser to give them their goal but there were some good performances on show. Rathbone is sheer class but I wish he would stop the unnecessary challenges that get him booked, there's no need, and we'll be losing his services before long. Johansson's handling was spot on. Wood had another solid game. Edmonds-Green improves with each game. Wiles run his heart out again. Grigg did alright and Smith did what we expect him to do and that's put the ball in the net. A special mention to Ogbene though because he came on as a sub and tore their defense apart in the second half and I reckon that if he'd been on from the start then we could very easily have had six or seven goals to our credit today. All in all a great game and a great result. On to Tuesday ......

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Then Cheio comes on and murders their right back
    Did he get a yellow or red for that?

I know he crossed ball for our 1st goal but especially in home games Harding isn't

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I know he crossed ball for our 1st goal but especially in home games Harding isn't
    I think he is.

Smith’s back heel goal and chieo coming on lifted the crowd and the players.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast