+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    A very enjoyable game, save for dead atmosphere in the east stand as usual.

Excellent support from Pompey. Their team disrupted us by playing a high line and pressing hard, exactly what we've done at times. They couldn't capitalise on their early game thankfully.

Smudge telling them to shut up and then turning around to show them his name really got them going bananas. Excellent. He even had a dig at the end of the game.

I'll tell you what though, despite our lack of depth our back line was superior to pompey. They couldn't cope with our midfield, Rathbone in particular..... And our front line punished then. They have Hurst FFS. To say they are / were a favourite for the top is a stretch our entire squad on the whole is clearly superior.

Barlaser, to be fair to him, was in a tricky situation and didn't have clear support from where he was... He tried to turn and got skinned. We shouldn't be doing that in that sort of area, it's always going to go badly. He was absolutely furious with himself when he gave it away and looked heartbroken when they scored.

He then nailed the delivery for wood redeeming himself.

Warne got everything spot on today. Cheo coming on forced them to adjust their defence and they subsequently collapsed.

Calling out fans for booing is disgusting. Fans may boo. I boo the knee as do many, many now stay quiet.

Miller at the end of the game was the only player to come over to a bunch of young fans desperate to get a handshake and then was class with supporters down the line. Great gesture.
    Barlaser had options when he made the mistake, Wood was available for a pass, a backpass to the keeper also, he could even have launched it into row Z, but he tried to play too much football and got himself into a tangle.

He'll learn from it I suppose, often the simple way is the best way

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Barlaser had options when he made the mistake, Wood was available for a pass, a backpass to the keeper also, he could even have launched it into row Z, but he tried to play too much football and got himself into a tangle.

That’s true but I was saying one or two needed to calm down instead of just getting rid (had time on their hands)

Cant win can they 😂

Shout out (like every game from tannoy) to you Millers that donated your season ticket money to help key workers and fans enjoying a game or two
    400 in yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Shout out (like every game from tannoy) to you Millers that donated your season ticket money to help key workers and fans enjoying a game or two
    400 in yesterday
    On a reduced capacity game?

Yes why not

Yeah he just ballsed up. When the attacker didn't buy the feint and turn back up the line he had to protect the ball but didn't, unfortunately. Should of knocked it back to Viktor. Live and learn and all that.

It wasn’t a sell out, so why not?

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but why did Warney (on Radio Sheffield) let it slip that Viking was injured. Why let Wycombe know now rather than on Tuesday when team sheets are released ?

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Apologies if it's already been mentioned but why did Warney (on Radio Sheffield) let it slip that Viking was injured. Why let Wycombe know now rather than on Tuesday when team sheets are released ?
    Maybe he thought that after a resounding victory against a good side with some great goals and performances he needed to give the fans something to complain about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Maybe he thought that after a resounding victory against a good side with some great goals and performances he needed to give the fans something to complain about him.
    I consider myself reprimanded !

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast