+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tuesday [Tamworth Replay]

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Being honest getting knocked out of both cups early is probably a benefit to us further down the line.
    Agree with you about the FA Trophy, but disagree about the FA Cup.

Rochdale away isn't the most enticing of draws (unless you like real ale, anyway), but if we could get into the third round and draw a big team at home, it could generate a lot of cash and interest. How much did Lincoln's amazing FA Cup run propel them forwards that year they won the conference?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Agree with you about the FA Trophy, but disagree about the FA Cup.

Rochdale away isn't the most enticing of draws (unless you like real ale, anyway), but if we could get into the third round and draw a big team at home, it could generate a lot of cash and interest. How much did Lincoln's amazing FA Cup run propel them forwards that year they won the conference?
    Agree completely. An FA cup run could help with confidence and finances

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Agree completely. An FA cup run could help with confidence and finances
    Success breeds success.

I wasn't going to go on Tuesday but changed my mind as soon as I saw that we had drew Rochdale as I post on their forum regularly,they are a good set of lads but they don't like Notts due to the Munto season when we 'cheated' our way to the title

I think Tuesday could be a defining moment. Lose and I think it is the start of Burch's exit.

Tenner is good, I paid twelve on Saturday to stand like a packed sardine, some supporters make me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I think Tuesday could be a defining moment. Lose and I think it is the start of Burch's exit.
    What do you mean by the start? Either he is here or he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    What do you mean by the start? Either he is here or he isn't.
    I’m guessing he means the first seeds of doubt planted in the minds of our owners.

I don’t see it like that, given how long they stuck with Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I’m guessing he means the first seeds of doubt planted in the minds of our owners.

I don’t see it like that, given how long they stuck with Ardley.
    I agree. The only seeds of doubt would be in the minds of the owners ala "WTF have we done buying Notts and trying to buy players on a spreadsheet". I have a bad feeling about the game though. Last time IB faced lower league opposition at home as manager look what happened!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234