+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday [Tamworth Replay]

Tuesday [Tamworth Replay]

Anyone else decided not to go on Tuesday? It’s bad enough going to league games this season without paying extra on top of the season ticket price for the non entertainment on offer? It’s becoming a chore to be honest.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-10-2021 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Added detail to title for future search clarity

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Anyone else decided not to go on Tuesday? It’s bad enough going to league games this season without paying extra on top of the season ticket price for the non entertainment on offer? It’s becoming a chore to be honest.
    Nah, I'll be there. Though I must admit I found the years in the FL we were fighting against relegation far more enjoyable and exciting than watching the insipid, mediocre stuff we seem to be churning out at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nah, I'll be there. Though I must admit I found the years in the FL we were fighting against relegation far more enjoyable and exciting than watching the insipid, mediocre stuff we seem to be churning out at the moment.
    Good on you for sticking with it, I really think there is no desire to progress from the club and now it’s filtering down to the supporters.

The lack of proven quality signings was the first warning sign especially with the glaring obvious hole of a proven striker. I still remember the Mitchell signing with IB saying this is the one we’ve been waiting for, really???? With the upcoming fixtures and hopefully we will get something out of them but if not I can see attendances dropping off dramatically. The brothers need to change something and fast as it’s going to be difficult to rebuild momentum and crowds.

Good on you for sticking with it, I really think there is no desire to progress from the club and now it’s filtering down to the supporters.

The lack of proven quality signings was the first warning sign especially with the glaring obvious hole of a proven striker. I still remember the Mitchell signing with IB saying this is the one we’ve been waiting for, really???? With the upcoming fixtures and hopefully we will get something out of them but if not I can see attendances dropping off dramatically. The brothers need to change something and fast as it’s going to be difficult to rebuild momentum and crowds.

Next few weeks could well be make or break time for the goodwill the fans feel for the manager and owners, our promotion hopes and the levels of attn.

We’ve become a team of this division. Spend 2/3 years in any given division and you become associated with that level. When I was a kid it would have been unthinkable that forest were anything other than a top flight club, but now I would suggest everyone just ‘sees’ them as a championship club.

We’re a national league team now, probably a upper mid table one. Our signings and apparent ambitions suggest that’s our level. Can’t be doing with the tub thumping hardyesque stuff but there doesn’t seem to be any great desire for promotion.

That Solihull game could be pivotal. Should the worse happen and we achieve 0 points from 9 prior to it, I'm not sure IB survives losing to Ardley's side.

Quote Originally Posted by HUCKNALLPIE View Post
    We’ve become a team of this division. Spend 2/3 years in any given division and you become associated with that level. When I was a kid it would have been unthinkable that forest were anything other than a top flight club, but now I would suggest everyone just ‘sees’ them as a championship club.

We’re a national league team now, probably a upper mid table one. Our signings and apparent ambitions suggest that’s our level. Can’t be doing with the tub thumping hardyesque stuff but there doesn’t seem to be any great desire for promotion.

My thoughts as well, good post.

True. The lower you set the bar, the more acceptable mediocrity becomes.

Agree, I think when you are seeing the dross served up week after week it’s hard to get motivated with what’s been served up, the only people who don’t see what’s really going on are the the non-attendees / cheer leaders.

TBF I don’t think IB is smitten with some of the signings too, makes you wonder if he was promised better, with the reluctance to play some of them, in fact it’s starting to stink of the Greeks over the river transfer policy of not signing what’s really needed to get out of the league but just enough to try and keep supporters on board.

I think the owners showed that they weren't bothered about Notts progressing when they went and spent a large sum of money purchasing a stake in Viborg rather than spending said money giving the Notts squad the improvements it desperately needs.

The players we signed this season scream of them being the 3rd/4th choices, with the exception of Cameron and maybe Palmer. Perhaps if the owners actually invested in the club they own outright, we wouldn't have missed out on our first choice signings and we wouldn't have become a mid-table National league side, looking destined to be down here for a long time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast