+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 06 squad Vs 21 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    So why not compare Silk with DKE and imo DKE wins easily.
    Because I compared Brindley to Silk?! You're entitled to your view, thanks for contributing.

DKE is rubbish though. You'll realise one day.

This team now is the worst as we can't even compete in the national league. We look a below average to relegation fodder...yet again

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    This team now is the worst as we can't even compete in the national league. We look a below average to relegation fodder...yet again
    Relegation fodder again? I heard the comment about relegation last season too , we finished 5th. Also heard it on here the season before we finished 3rd. Absolutely no sign of anything other than play offs and he last two season regardless how the pitchfork ers try to rewrite history. It just didn't happen or get anywhere close to happening. If you are going to make big wild statements Bob at least back it up with some facts.

Unless of course you are talking about the Hardy season in L2 when we had three managers in one season after starting off as one of the title favourites and did actually get relegated. If that's the case then I'll let you off#toxiccircus

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Because I compared Brindley to Silk?! You're entitled to your view, thanks for contributing.

DKE is rubbish though. You'll realise one day.
    In your opinion.

Why didn't you compare Brindley with Pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    In your opinion.

Why didn't you compare Brindley with Pipe?
    Okay Mania, just for you:

Pipe v Brindley: winner PIPE
    Silk v DKE: winner SILK

I'll go even further for you: i predict that we shall sign a new RB/RWB before the end of the season. DKE will not get a new deal, he will be released and end up at Basford or somewhere similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    We don’t now, and we didn’t then!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Completely different styles, and I think the squad we have now should beat Thomo’s lot.

The fear I have is that the lesser team would win simply because they wanted it more.
    I would also like to add that the 06 squad was vastly experienced. Not just in age, but also the levels played. The 06 squad were never asked to pass the ball the way the current crop do.

The reality is that we have a young squad, many on here were beating the drum for that to happen. Many didn’t want any players towards the end of their careers looking for a final pay day. Ironically, IMO it’s a couple of older heads we need. The 06 squad was the other way. But boy, to have an Edwards, Smith or Lee in the squad would make a huge difference.

I dont agree with all of the OP's assesment and really I am not in a position to comment but I did see the 06 team a bit as I was in the UK for an extended period at the time and whilst they were poo they knew how to battle and had heart. if you played 10 games it would be easy for the 06 team to win 3 the current team to win 3 by a big margin and 4 to be 0-0 draws.

I'm not sure about the whole comparison thing but there's no way Mayo is near Chicksens level, Mayo was one of my all time useless players and Chicksen is actually decent. I think our current team fully fit beats the 06 one but they are two different teams and times so would be interesting to see.

Seems I forgot a few regulars from 06, we also had experienced CB Alan White and Junior Mendes.

I remember us doing most of our shopping from Grimsby and Boston that season. Yikes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast