+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 06 squad Vs 21 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm not sure about the whole comparison thing but there's no way Mayo is near Chicksens level, Mayo was one of my all time useless players and Chicksen is actually decent. I think our current team fully fit beats the 06 one but they are two different teams and times so would be interesting to see.
    Yeah I hear you. Mayo was pretty poor and his career dropped off after leaving us. But...Chicksen was given the opportunity to leave last season and nobody was that interested. You have to ask yourself, why is he at our level?

IMO he's a poor LB and just an okay CB. But really why would you have somebody so physically underwhelming at CB in the National League? very replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Yeah I hear you. Mayo was pretty poor and his career dropped off after leaving us. But...Chicksen was given the opportunity to leave last season and nobody was that interested. You have to ask yourself, why is he at our level?

IMO he's a poor LB and just an okay CB. But really why would you have somebody so physically underwhelming at CB in the National League? very replaceable.
    KC do you actually watch the games?

Chicksen is not a poor left back.

I do agree DKE is pretty terrible though

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Seems I forgot a few regulars from 06, we also had experienced CB Alan White and Junior Mendes.

I remember us doing most of our shopping from Grimsby and Boston that season. Yikes.
    The manager probably knew that small footballing hotbed better than most thanks to all his extensive local radio work in the area

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    KC do you actually watch the games?

Chicksen is not a poor left back.

I do agree DKE is pretty terrible though
    I go to the majority of the home games Carlton. But I like to think I can spot a player after the last 25 years of largely dross.

I'm just a realist pal.

It is difficult to make a comparison because the 06 team were playing in a higher league against better teams and players than our present side are facing. How many of this team would you keep if by some miracle we get promoted?

Good question.

A lot of our squad were presumably let go from that level as they were deemed not good enough (Rawlinson, Lacey, Chicksen, Francis etc)

I'd probably keep Cameron, Lacey (maybe), Palmer, Wootton, Rodders and Roberts (if he can sort out his form). The rest can go.

You lost me by thinking Parkinson is better than Roberts.

Joke thread from a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post

Oh right. How many games has Roberts played in the Football League? How many had Parkinson played prior to joining us?

Disagree by all means, but save your insults please. Or perhaps, make your own thread? Try contributing something else other than put downs? You may like it.

Really? Andy Parkinson played a fair bit in the Championship and League 1, and also in a League Cup final. Cal Roberts is currently struggling to merit a place in a mid-table National League side. Roberts still has an awful lot to do to live up to his reputation.

The difference is that Parkinson performed consistently enough over his career to warrant playing in higher leagues, unfortunately Roberts hasn’t hence why he’s struggling in a National League team. I hope you go to matches and based your opinion on that and was not drawn into the hysterics whipped up by the non attendees on here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast