+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vintage audio shop opening in Bearwood

Vintage audio shop opening in Bearwood

I'll give it 6 months.

Vinyl is now massively popular with the younger generation and us old uns who still have our record collections are now able to get our hands on quality new kit, most new albums are also available on vinyl again so for me I think as a business this may well be a good one as buying a turntable is a bit like buying a car, you actually want to see it in action before you buy, unlike most forms of retail therapy these days which is online.

Absolutely gutted that I got rid of a Linn turntable (handed down from my dads friend) and Naim amps and pre amps
    Never thought they’d be used much tbh after CDs / Streaming and didn’t have much room for them when we moved they went in the loft
    Then got chucked out when we moved again along with all of my vinyls and my dads vinyls (who had loads from the 70s Beatles, Led Zepplin, JMJarre, UB40, Bob Marley all sorts)

Kinda dumb tbh
    Have loads of space in the loft should have kept em

I did keep all my old vinyl albums and singles and I have no space left in the loft…….!

Still got my 60's LP's and 45's. Suppose I kept them out of nostalgia as I have replaced all my Beatles' LP's with CD's. Glad that I kept them though. I don't know if they are worth a lot as the value often depends on different criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Still got my 60's LP's and 45's. Suppose I kept them out of nostalgia as I have replaced all my Beatles' LP's with CD's. Glad that I kept them though. I don't know if they are worth a lot as the value often depends on different criteria.
    A mint condition cover is very important.

Not having the Birdie Song in your collection is a must!

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Absolutely gutted that I got rid of a Linn turntable (handed down from my dads friend) and Naim amps and pre amps
    Never thought they’d be used much tbh after CDs / Streaming and didn’t have much room for them when we moved they went in the loft
    Then got chucked out when we moved again along with all of my vinyls and my dads vinyls (who had loads from the 70s Beatles, Led Zepplin, JMJarre, UB40, Bob Marley all sorts)

Kinda dumb tbh
    Have loads of space in the loft should have kept em
    Wow Linn is the Rolls Royce of turntables BS, what a shame they got thrown out, I have seen Linn decks retail for over 25k!

I still have over 300 vinyl albums along with a collection of tapes I built up for playing in the car at some point. I much prefer vinyl but CDs are so much cheaper and take up less room -my better half moans that the house is full of my **** as it is full of my book/music/DVD collections😐😃! The advent of streaming has meant you can pick up second hand CDs cheaply from places like music magpie so have some 500 of them now. That said, vinyl has the potential to sound way better than CD as it can capture far greater resolution (the liquid audio blog has a good explanation of this) but it is far more expensive.Luckily I still have my old technics separates which may not be top of the range but good enough not to need replacing and second hand pieces can still be brought off eBay at reasonable prices. Anyhow, hope his venture does well and it might do it enough audiophiles are prepared to travel.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)