+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The inquest begins

Knee jerk IMO. Deano has been there for three years and look where we were when we came. He’s been brilliant. This is very much a transitional season having lost our best player and basically looking at new players and formations as a result. Shocking collapse though it has to be said.

Shocking 1st half . We cant keep the ball, outnumbered in midfield..

Get Bailey on!

I must admit last night was shocking... the system wasn't working even after 30 mins this was obvious. Mourinho once changed three players against us when we were outgunning them, and it worked! I want my manager to be this decisive, he was in conference with Shakespeare for 15 minutes dithering about what to do. Great managers make this decision decisively, good managers consult, sorry Smith this wasn't good enough.

For once Bongo has hit the nail on the head by suggesting we do the simple things, last season our back four was mostly solid, aided by the signing of Emi1 of course, a back 5 clearly doesnt work in most games, Mings looks poor because he is not working with Konsa, he is covering a fullback who is never ever going to be a wingback, and Zebe is in his way when he tries to do his own job, mind you I do think he needs to stop throwing hissy fits and man the **** up! 2 up front can work but only if there is service, yes we miss greasy jack, but Bailey one side Emi 2 the other SJM and either dougie or naka behind them and you have a support and provision system in place, for what its worth if you drop a striker its not the instinctive one (ings) its the presser (ollie), if neither fire on the day Archer has proved he has an eye for goal and would make a decent impact sub. All of these things Im sure are not surprising news to any of us, however the guy who picks the team seems to have decided its no fun doing what works and wants to do the opposite, that is the bit that worries me, change to what you know works or thanks and goodbye Dean.

Great post mate - spot on.

I 2nd this post.....

It seems like we have not learnt anything and going deeper and deeper, we are in a rut. If I was Purslow I would be saying to Deano, Right then, whats your plan, what are you going to do thats going to get us out of this slump, have you got the fight or shall we call it a day? Its time them two had some frank words or they will both be out of a job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)