+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smudger, go back to the winning formla please

Smudger, go back to the winning formla please

Or else....
    Its the Midfield, its the wingers and most importantly its the Link up from the departed Grealish.

................Martynez

Cash.....Konsa....Mings.....Targett

...........MaGinn.........Luiz

......................Bailey
    Traore............................Elghazi

....................Watkins

As well as the confidence thing and the apparent fall out behind the scenes, get back to what worked best.
    #Back four, get mean and stop conceding
    #Midfield generals to step up
    #the big change, play Bailey as the link up man with the Wingers preferrng the left.
    #Play two wingers
    # Watkins as the main and only goal getter!

The only real difference is Bailey in for Grealish. I think Bailey could do a job there, he seems wasted out on that byline, bring him in as the link up man. He may not be a Grealish, no, he could be better! All our success came down that left hand side before......🤔

Paulo Forseca (former Roma boss) has reportedly been sounded out for the job.

Get the impression if we lose against Southampton on Friday, before the international break then that will be a "thank you and good bye" to Smith.

Something needs to change because we are now in a relegation fight. Which is one thing I personally would not have accepted with the business done over the summer. I know there have been injuries and we sold that Joe bloke to city. But we have a squad of wingers and don't play a system that uses them.

Forseca likes playing in short passes, pressuring, using width and wingers and had a win rate of nigh on 60% at Roma and almost 75% at Shakhtar

Forseca? isn't that a sparkling wine? I do not want a foreign manager, I want smith to carry on playing with the flair of last season...
    a month ago we were world beaters after beating utd... I'm not sure why the wheels have fallen off but I have the feeling their are too many cooks involved. The mix and match of our new assistant managers does not seem to be working. He needs to reinforce his personality on the team, and push the technical coach back. In the end it will be him that faces the bullet not the scottish tech coach, and his input has been far from good over the last few games.

Guess my phone changed it by autocorrect haha

I don't care where our manager is from, foreign, British, Mars. Makes no difference, just want to win games, play with some kind of identity and not be in a relegation fight.

I know it sounds stupid Sam but as I was telling my Lad, a jammy 3 points on Friday and we could go 11th....then we could relax and watch boring old England. The following 3 matches are all winnable so for me, Smith needs to stay on till Jan at least!

Smith looks to have picked my team, lose its all my fault.....🤫

i think he will be hooked in the morning. Not sure its right but it is telling that we are always sh1t in first half, the half he has planned for... in the second half where positions are more fluid we look a lot better. tactics have gone awry. i would start archer every game,
    his positional sense is great and he's a little bit naughty... reminds me of a young shearer.

Gutted. Not so much about the result but the fact i think this will be deanos last game.

Hope your happy ponsing about with your new mates Jack. ****

It wont happen but we could be in the bottom 3 this weekend. Purslow was in the crowd and had a face like Thunder. Make of that what you will. We are starting to look like Norwich...😭

27 games left in the season, keep going as we are we'll be adrift come the window and the owners won't want to shell out more with DS a the helm. I think he's done for now, we haven't been unlucky in these games, it's a results business so if a change is going to happen then sooner rather than later. I'd love him to turn it around for the record, when he joined he was a breath of fresh air but now he's clutching at straws by citing the Arsenal penalty as a pivotal moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)