+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The inquest begins

The inquest begins

So, not just the fact Wolves Embarrased us beyond belief but also the lame performance v Spurs, the opening day humiliation v Watford or the dire defending v Chelsea.....yes we had some good results v Utd, Everton and Newcastle....teams who are all in transition but 4 defeats in 8 games is not good, leaking goals, unable to scote and kill games off, messing with formations like its pre season, spending good money with what return, yes im being a bit harsh but something just aint right, we have team of staff in the touchline that yesterday looked shellshocked and clueless, the commader and chief looked like he wanted to throttle someone, you could almost place the words into that classic joke Hitler scene!!
    I have to ask questions
    -Has Deano taken us a far as he can?
    -what has happened to Watkins?
    -Can we really operate with two center forwards?
    -where did 5 at the back come from?
    -why is Mings making so many mistakes?
    -is the new backroom staff working?
    - Are we missing the old staff who walked out this season?
    -How long will Purslow give Smith
    -is the money being spent wisely?
    Could we have bought more quality?
    Is Deano relying too much on his favourite players?

I have been here before but I just keep asking, with all this money being spent, is it working? I like Deano, hes been through a klot while managing the club but I fail to see what he is trying to create!
    You cannit experiment into the season and Im not going to ask, are we missing Grealish because we are.
    Does anyone else think we have lost our way, three tough games to come on the bounce, cannot see us getting more than 2 points but would love to be proven wrong, Europe was the goal, I think already we can say thats not going ti happen. Its back to being a rollercoaster ride again when we should be seeing more consistancy, now if Purslow and the owners are happy finishing 12th every season then Smith is doing a great job but something tells me the rumours of Gerrard coming in will gather pace if we do not start winning games and becoming difficult to beat.

Thoughts...

My thoughts are this....

We currently have Traore, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Bailey, Young and Buendia who are all wingers. And thru injury or choice we are playing a formation that doesn't utilise wingers at all.

So, who bought these players? Was Smith in control of these purchases or is it Purslow? I know Young can be played anywhere and Buendia could be a number 10 but that said, we still don't operate with a number 10 with Ings and Watkins playing.

Yesterday was appalling management. With 11 minutes to go, why not take off a striker and bring on a midfielder? Where was Hause?

I think if we get 0 points from the next 3 games, Smith will be out and I honestly wouldn't mind that.

Glad im not on my own thinking of this Sam, Did you go? I can only imagine the toxic atmoss afterwards, its always a longer journey home when we lose but crikey that was some capitulation!. Wolves have a bit of a reputation when it comes to come backs but I doubt they will ever get an easier one this season. If I was Smith I would have them all in for training today....i am with you on the wingers, weve gone from playing two to none, it sounds to me Smith is not entirely picking the players, Ings as a signing was great if, we had just sold Watkins for 50mill.....got to drop the 5 at the back and play a winger and we want commitment like SJM gave us....
    Ps I'm still realling 🤭

I really havent a clue. Bailey will make a difference. We look disjointed. Shall we sack Deano? No but i said the same about Bruce.

Is it £17mil for our most expensive defender? Two £30mil wide-men, one who doesn’t want to stay on the pitch, the other made of glass. and two £30mil strikers, one of whom cant hit a barn door this season.

We are an average quality Premier League team, with average quality Premier League players, and average quality premier League coaches and management.

We are holding our own, at a level, equal to the sum of our parts. To reach the next level, Europa League, we need all of the above to change. Will the owners have the stomach for the fight? I hope so.

P.S. Just our luck. Not long after Randy arrived, laden with cash, along came £ity’s Arabian Knights. Now NSWE has arrived, and BOOM!!! Sandcastle gets taken over by an oil-rich Country.

Mad, ain't it.

Keep the faith - we lost a game which we should have won after gaining the upper hand, which happened a lot in our first season back in the prem and the players have to take some responsibility. Cash had a dead leg, Buendia asked to come off as he was spent, not sure why Luiz went off as he only played 20 mins for Brazil. Hopefully it's a wake up call - we have had a very disjointed start to the season due to JG's departure, late arrival of new signings, Covid rules plus injuries yet we've won at OT, hammered Everton and played Chelsea off the park.

Hopefully it's a wake-up call to the players and a blessing in disguise and all players go through spells of poor form, we will soon be able to set up with formations with the opposition in mind and it takes a few windows to build a squad that can challenge. As fans we have been known to call for the manager's head, look at the amount of change the club has been through in the last couple of years to get to a fantastic set-up from top to bottom - just takes time.

Yes it could be worse, not calling for Deano's head but it won't be long at this rate. As for Newcastle and their Billions, don't believe the hype. They still have Bruce in charge, they are losing 3-1 at HT to spurs and have been told a Maximum of 50 to be spent in Jan, blimey, already on a budget! I still think they will go down....

Thats probably to deter other clubs doubling the price for players.

Yes its not the end of the world. How many times has Deanos head been called for and he always comes up with a few good results.

I'm not calling for his head just stating a few 'Obvious' observations!
    A draw at Arsenal and beating West Ham should be the target now!

football is not chess, sh1t happens, nothing to see here, stop over investing in football and look around, the world has gone to sh1t.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)