+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We must start on the front foot Tuesday.

2-0 with Grigg a brace.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Maybe someone (brin) will know. I asked a question on Saturday that most on the table didn't know. Was there a rule a few years ago where you couldn't be off side from a goal kick?
    One you don’t forget but have to be quick to recall the rule, a player is not offside if they receive a ball from a goal kick, throw in or a corner kick.

I think we all may have seen on you tube where a keeper takes a goal kick only for it to strike an opposing player and go straight in the net or the said player takes control of the ball and scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    One you don’t forget but have to be quick to recall the rule, a player is not offside if they receive a ball from a goal kick, throw in or a corner kick.

I think we all may have seen on you tube where a keeper takes a goal kick only for it to strike an opposing player and go straight in the net or the said player takes control of the ball and scores.
    I thought the question was more can you be offside from your own team's goal kick? I don't think you could ever be offside from an opposing team's goal kick. I also don't recall ever seeing a goal kick strike an opposing player and go straight in the goal, until recently players had to be outside the area so that would have been some feat from 12 yards away.

Odd that the title of this thread applies more to cricket than football

One other annoying thing I've noticed this year. Why does the striker stand Infront of our keeper when he's kicking the ball. If the ball comes str back he's guna be offside. Ok it stops the keeper playing the ball from the ground but is that really a advantage

One other annoying thing I've noticed this year. Why does the striker stand Infront of our keeper when he's kicking the ball. If the ball comes str back he's guna be offside. Ok it stops the keeper playing the ball from the ground but is that really a advantage
    The rule change that the ball doesn't have to leave the area from a goal kick to be in play, to my mind adds absolutely nothing to the game. Needless tinkering.

Probably to make sure he doesn't roll it out to himself, gain some extra yards and launch it from further up the pitch. Teams know we don't play out so they're making the keeper kick from his box rather than 10-20 yards up the pitch. Also, like against Cheltenham, every now and then the ball will hit the striker and you may get a freak deflection back into the goal.

It's time we put a stop to Wycombe coming here and walking off with the points - come on lads, tough one tonight but let's get a point/all three from this one

let 'em feel the full effect of our (W)Rath

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234