+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We must start on the front foot Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Is there such a thing as a ‘good ref’?

Maybe there is.

ROBERT MADLEY
    Paul Newhouse and Stephen Wade
    Fourth Official : Robert Atkin

Icky and Viktor a doubt
    Will formation or/and players change? I’m thinking maybe so well more player than formation
    Yes there is. I officiated for 15 years and only gave out 2 reds and 15 yellows in all that time, and no I didn't forget my pencil. It's all about managing players. Always called both sides in to the centre circle before kick off and explained what we all needed to get out of the game. I got respect and they were shown respect. My golden rule, no foul or abusive language to be directed at anyone personally. Amazing how that made them think and not use it.

One things for certain, I wouldn't stand for a group of players harassing me like they've gone back to now. What happened to only the Captain and offending player allowed to approach a Ref when a foul is called? I blame the Managers as they are allowing this to happen. Make an example of one or two, they'll soon get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Yes there is. I officiated for 15 years and only gave out 2 reds and 15 yellows in all that time, and no I didn't forget my pencil. It's all about managing players. Always called both sides in to the centre circle before kick off and explained what we all needed to get out of the game. I got respect and they were shown respect. My golden rule, no foul or abusive language to be directed at anyone personally. Amazing how that made them think and not use it.

One things for certain, I wouldn't stand for a group of players harassing me like they've gone back to now. What happened to only the Captain and offending player allowed to approach a Ref when a foul is called? I blame the Managers as they are allowing this to happen. Make an example of one or two, they'll soon get the message.
    Lol I’m sure I’d be shouting at you Brin.
    I agree about surrendering the officials, I honestly don’t bother trying to understand the rules anymore because they’re certainly not consistent

I notice the odd few times that Warney has had to go to fourth official and I’m taking that has the ref or Lino is definitely having a bad game

I’m confident this ref will have a good game, hope he doesn’t let himself down

I noticed that saturdays ref got 7/10 in the FLP. My own fair, rational and unbiased rating for him was 2/10.

Maybe someone (brin) will know. I asked a question on Saturday that most on the table didn't know. Was there a rule a few years ago where you couldn't be off side from a goal kick?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Maybe someone (brin) will know. I asked a question on Saturday that most on the table didn't know. Was there a rule a few years ago where you couldn't be off side from a goal kick?
    I’m sure that rule still stands but I won’t be gambling on that or any other rule, I’m also sure some just make them up in each game 😂

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Isn’t that the rule now, as it’s always been?

Catching up on Avondale Millers comment earlier in the thread.

You are right. We’ve never beaten Wycombe at the NYS. In fact you have to go back to our promotion season under Ronnie (2000/01) to find the last time we beat them at Millmoor 1-0 with a Guy Branston goal.

Since then we’ve played them three times at Don Valley, (two draws and a 4-3 loss the latter featured Gareth Ainsworth in their team) and three games at NYS, all three of which Wycombe have won (3-2 in 2012 when they came back from 2 down, 1-0 in 2019 and 3-0 last season)

So it’s fair to say they are a bit of a bogey team.

So, it’s time we removed the bogey and confine it to the history books and like Guy Branston, leave them in a pickle for a change.

Rain all day, glad I sit up top 😂

No suspensions yet
    Mattock could be suspended next game if he plays and gets yellowed

Wycombe currently 2nd, three points ahead of us
    Can we halt that tonight?

COME YOU MILLERS

COME ON MILLERS
    Last edited by millertop; 19-10-2021 at 07:10 AM.

This could be our toughest game yet but we are more than capable of doing the job.There is that sense of confidence in the team where we are improving match by match.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’m sure that rule still stands but I won’t be gambling on that or any other rule, I’m also sure some just make them up in each game 😂
    I only asked as marquis was flagged offside when the keeper kicked the ball though tbh I'm thinking I could be mistaken and the ball was not from a goal kick. Maybe a offside by is or a foul.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast