+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/t .....Angela Rayner

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think there is a difference between the taxes that are raised in Scotland and the money that is returned to Scotland via Holyrood. I don't think anyone argues that we get back less than we raise in taxes. What word is acceptable to describe the difference. subsidy, handout, levelling up payment?

There are good arguments for higher costs of living in Scotland and therefore a greater need for Government spending. I think that we might be better off as part of the UK than trying to be independent. Having said that it is depressing to see the sort of row being made about Carbon Capture resources. Aberdeen should be full of businesses that could get involved. Why can't Scotland just do it ourselves. Compete with our brains and our practical advantages and see if we can't actually build a world leading centre in Scotland.
    If we look at Scotland as an area of the UK, of course we would get less back than we put in, just like the area of London Will get less than they put in same for Yorkshire etc etc, there has to be national things paid for by the UK govt, army, navy, raf, to start with, the money paid in aid to most of the world which the snowflakes would like to see increased, so the argument that we get less than we put in is a shyte one

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    If we look at Scotland as an area of the UK, of course we would get less back than we put in, just like the area of London Will get less than they put in same for Yorkshire etc etc, there has to be national things paid for by the UK govt, army, navy, raf, to start with, the money paid in aid to most of the world which the snowflakes would like to see increased, so the argument that we get less than we put in is a shyte one
    In one breath you're saying 'of course we would get back less than we put in' then in the next breath 'the argument that we get less than we put in is a shyte one'.

We do receive more back than we pay in taxes in Scotland but it's not as simple as it sounds, but to declare it as a gift from Westminster comes from the mouths of fools.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    We do receive more back than we pay in taxes in Scotland but it's not as simple as it sounds, but to declare it as a gift from Westminster comes from the mouths of fools.
    It’s a fiscal transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    There is a way to stop the ticket only entry in The Derry though - shut it down.
    Wish you'd make up your mind, first you wanted to move Scotland's kop 50 yards west now you want to close it.🙄

Think you've seen to many disaster movies.😉..... towering inferno, Poseidon adventure, Derry crush 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Wish you'd make up your mind, first you wanted to move Scotland's kop 50 yards west now you want to close it.��

Think you've seen to many disaster movies.��..... towering inferno, Poseidon adventure, Derry crush 2013.
    Don't want to close it, I just proposed a solution to the all ticket situation which is so unpopular.

According to someone on TDB there's a wall ready to collapse in The Derry - nobody knows which wall mind and he can't tell anyone. Seems the ideal excuse for someone of much respect to finally get it closed.

Don't want to close it, I just proposed a solution to the all ticket situation which is so unpopular.

According to someone on TDB there's a wall ready to collapse in The Derry - nobody knows which wall mind and he can't tell anyone. Seems the ideal excuse for someone of much respect to finally get it closed.
    The wall will be there longer than most respected.

We shud have sentries guarding those Derry walls.😁

In one breath you're saying 'of course we would get back less than we put in' then in the next breath 'the argument that we get less than we put in is a shyte one'.
    I think you are deliberately trying to be argumentative - a rare event with your posts! I thought the point being made by jdfc was that every area or region of the country gets back less than it puts in because there are so many national organisations. The argument from the SNP independence is that we Scots get back less than we put in is a deliberate strategy foisted uniquely on us by Westminster. Seems to me jdfc pretty much nailed it with his pithy comment. ��

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think you are deliberately trying to be argumentative
    As if

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)