+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t .....Angela Rayner

O/t .....Angela Rayner

How can you go from screaming about "Tory scum".....to condolences.

Now I'm no connecting her language to the poor guy being murdered by terrorist proper scum but when it was jo Cox who was murdered by terrorist scum it was all about the "language of the right"......just saying.

And why is it so difficult for the BBC to report the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    How can you go from screaming about "Tory scum".....to condolences.

Now I'm no connecting her language to the poor guy being murdered by terrorist proper scum but when it was jo Cox who was murdered by terrorist scum it was all about the "language of the right"......just saying.

And why is it so difficult for the BBC to report the facts.
    It’s also the language of the nationalist separatists.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    It’s also the language of the nationalist separatists.
    Think that's the nub of the problem. Emotional language just stirs up animosity towards people who have different views from your own. It's the ideas we should be discussing not dishing out personal abuse IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think that's the nub of the problem. Emotional language just stirs up animosity towards people who have different views from your own. It's the ideas we should be discussing not dishing out personal abuse IMO.
    To be fair probably a quarter of the posters on here only seem to post insults toward others. You know the type, they don't actually contribute to the discussion but come steaming in afterwards criticising those who did but got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    To be fair probably a quarter of the posters on here only seem to post insults toward others. You know the type, they don't actually contribute to the discussion but come steaming in afterwards criticising those who did but got it wrong.
    Bless.

You have hit the nail on the head.
    In my opinion all the current animosity in U.K. and Scottish politics is caused by people failing to accept the result of the last two referendums namely the Scottish Independence referendum in September 2014 with the Yes supporters refusing to accept the result and the EU referendum in June 2016 where the Remainers again refused to accept the result.
    If I had been on the losing side of each referendum I would have accepted the result with good grace and got on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You have hit the nail on the head.
    In my opinion all the current animosity in U.K. and Scottish politics is caused by people failing to accept the result of the last two referendums namely the Scottish Independence referendum in September 2014 with the Yes supporters refusing to accept the result and the EU referendum in June 2016 where the Remainers again refused to accept the result.
    If I had been on the losing side of each referendum I would have accepted the result with good grace and got on with it.
    Islay, you had me agreeing with you right up until the bit about "accepting the result with good grace and got on with it!" I think that referendums are a completely different type of vote compared with any other type. They seem to settle an argument one way or the other and there really isn't much motivation to accept the decision and get on with it, IMO. There is always the possibility of having a second referendum and reversing the decision. As a result people with deeply held views can only argue for a reversal of the decision. Voting for a change in politicians is a bit like rearranging the furniture. voting in a referendum is more like voting for different furniture.

Islay, you had me agreeing with you right up until the bit about "accepting the result with good grace and got on with it!" I think that referendums are a completely different type of vote compared with any other type. They seem to settle an argument one way or the other and there really isn't much motivation to accept the decision and get on with it, IMO. There is always the possibility of having a second referendum and reversing the decision. As a result people with deeply held views can only argue for a reversal of the decision. Voting for a change in politicians is a bit like rearranging the furniture. voting in a referendum is more like voting for different furniture.
    The point of having a referendum is for people of all political parties to vote in which they are in favour and not vote on party political lines. However once the result of a referendum that should be it and everyone has to accept the result irrespective of whether a person is on the winning side or not.
    Sadly this does not happen as far as the bosses in the EU are concerned where voters have to keep having a referendum until the electorate vote the way that the bosses in the EU in Brussels want them to vote.
    If these bosses in the EU had their way there would have been a second, third, fourth or more EU referendums in the U.K. until the electorate throughout the U.K. voted in favour of the U.K. remaining in the EU.
    The September 2014 Scottish Independence referendum was supposed to be a ‘once in a generation’ and ‘once in a lifetime’ referendum according Nicola Sturgeon where there are details of her saying this prior to September 2014 on You Tube.
    However Nicola appears to conveniently be suffering from memory loss as she now wants another Scottish independence referendum. No wonder she likes the EU as she appears to have been getting lessons from these bosses in Brussels.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The point of having a referendum is for people of all political parties to vote in which they are in favour and not vote on party political lines. However once the result of a referendum that should be it and everyone has to accept the result irrespective of whether a person is on the winning side or not.
    Sadly this does not happen as far as the bosses in the EU are concerned where voters have to keep having a referendum until the electorate vote the way that the bosses in the EU in Brussels want them to vote.
    If these bosses in the EU had their way there would have been a second, third, fourth or more EU referendums in the U.K. until the electorate throughout the U.K. voted in favour of the U.K. remaining in the EU.
    The September 2014 Scottish Independence referendum was supposed to be a ‘once in a generation’ and ‘once in a lifetime’ referendum according Nicola Sturgeon where there are details of her saying this prior to September 2014 on You Tube.
    However Nicola appears to conveniently be suffering from memory loss as she now wants another Scottish independence referendum. No wonder she likes the EU as she appears to have been getting lessons from these bosses in Brussels.
    Once in a generation, not once in a lifetime - but you know that.

What you don't know though is what a generation actually is, until you understand what that term means you'll never fully understand the reason the SNP feel they have a right to seek a second independence referendum.

I'll help you out GENERATION - 'all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively'. No specific reference to a period of time, in fact very, very vague as to the requirement of a minimum or maximum time span.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Once in a generation, not once in a lifetime - but you know that.

What you don't know though is what a generation actually is, until you understand what that term means you'll never fully understand the reason the SNP feel they have a right to seek a second independence referendum.

I'll help you out GENERATION - 'all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively'. No specific reference to a period of time, in fact very, very vague as to the requirement of a minimum or maximum time span.
    Well said. The once in a generation was a positive pressure to vote for independence. It might have been better from their point of view to say if you don't like independence you can vote to go back to being part of the United Kingdom. Same way that the EU upped the ante by saying the if we voted to leave we would have to rejoin by applying and all the previous arrangements would likely be scrapped.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)