+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ......... more incidents of sitting near the Press...........

......... more incidents of sitting near the Press...........

..... maybe 4 seasons ago, A guy, who is/was the club statistician, sitting 1 row below us, ended up arguing with the Norwich reporter over Norwich diving all over the place. The guy was suspended, because the reporter said he swore at him. His mates asked us to give a true version of what happened as the club was going to speak to us. They never did and the guy and his mates moved to another area, voluntary or not?? I saw the guy yesterday coming out so he must still go to the match.

....1 of our party of 5, who had a load voice shouted" Man up Revell", relating to Alex going down needlessly. A Steward asked my mate to stop shouting so loud as it was being picked up by the live match mike for the away side. My mate politely reminded him that it's a football match and go and tell the press to stop moaning.......where do these stewards get their instructions from. The press repeatedly leave things on the steps instead of putting things on the floor. I asked 1 to move his phone, what was charging, from the step suggesting i could stand on it very easily and fall over and maybe sue him for obstructing a safe walk way. It was gone when i came back from the toilet.......

A bit like Basil Fawlty giving the brat kid a sly cuff around the ear. "Oops didn't see your phone" as it sails gracefully into the distance propelled by a size 9

The press are positioned too close to spectators (bad planning) so there is bound to be some degree of confrontation. In most grounds they are properly segregated and sealed off with separate access. People who sit in that area also tell me their view is frequently disturbed by press laptops. Time for a different location ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    A bit like Basil Fawlty giving the brat kid a sly cuff around the ear. "Oops didn't see your phone" as it sails gracefully into the distance propelled by a size 9
    I agree, but it's a long way down those very hard steps, my knees are bad enough walking up them...lol

Put reporters back in the press box at Millmoor, they would soon stop moaning
    about people shouting at the NYS.
    One reporter once said he put their lasses tights on, when the cold winter night
    games at Millmoor, in the old press box.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Put reporters back in the press box at Millmoor, they would soon stop moaning
    about people shouting at the NYS.
    One reporter once said he put their lasses tights on, when the cold winter night
    games at Millmoor, in the old press box.
    And the bra as ear muffs