+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United.

Newcastle United.

To be honest, I'm getting fed up with all the hype over this Saudi take over. I don'tlike foreign ownership and certainly not those with the human rights record that they have. I don't understand how we have, as a country, such a close relationship with Saudi Arabia, well I do actually. There are some good foreign owners such as those at Leicester City who are genuinely interested in the club and the city in general. There's no doubt that Newcastle, with billionaire owners, will become a European powerhouse in football, but where's the credit in that? Mind you, it would be interesting if they go down!

I’d be happy with Saudi owners.

I’m sick of being the poor relation, we’ve always had dog s h I t ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    To be honest, I'm getting fed up with all the hype over this Saudi take over. I don'tlike foreign ownership and certainly not those with the human rights record that they have. I don't understand how we have, as a country, such a close relationship with Saudi Arabia, well I do actually. There are some good foreign owners such as those at Leicester City who are genuinely interested in the club and the city in general. There's no doubt that Newcastle, with billionaire owners, will become a European powerhouse in football, but where's the credit in that? Mind you, it would be interesting if they go down!

Totally agree! Should have never let it go through!!

The best owners are guys like Benham who owns Brentford - loves the club - loves the fans - loves a good business infrastructure.

That’s why Brentford deserve their success and we continue to slide whilst that disinterested
    W anker rapes our club!

I hope Newcastle go down , big club my arse a lot of local fans yes big club no

A 1 team city should have lots of fans but fan base doesn’t make it a big club

I’m 50 and can’t recall them winning anything in my lifetime a big club no

One of the reasons I like Norwich City is that they have owners that love the club, obviously don’t have much (or rather, enough) cash to compete in the billionaires league but they have the passion for their club. The sooner the billionaire clubs sod off to their Euro super league, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    One of the reasons I like Norwich City is that they have owners that love the club, obviously don’t have much (or rather, enough) cash to compete in the billionaires league but they have the passion for their club. The sooner the billionaire clubs sod off to their Euro super league, the better.

Totally agree! Our owner has zero passion and really hope he goes and f ucks himself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Fully agree with the comment of sod off to your super league because the longer this faux Premier League continues the more ridiculous it will become. I mean what will be the point of the top 6 or 7 billionaire clubs winning everything and qualifying for everything year in year out. Even their flippin reserves can win a League Cup. Leicester was a once in a blue moon title winner but who wants to keep waiting for a blue moon. Its a thrill indeed when we beat one of these top 7 clubs and even that now feels like we have won the cup these days, so a super league makes more sense than ever, so sod off indeed.

All very well talking about letting the top clubs “sod off” but the EFL are already discussing whether to allow Premier League reserve sides into the EFL.

Don’t be fooled about them only being allowed into League Two either, at some point we’ll have the top clubs reserve sides ruling the roost in the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    All very well talking about letting the top clubs “sod off” but the EFL are already discussing whether to allow Premier League reserve sides into the EFL.

Don’t be fooled about them only being allowed into League Two either, at some point we’ll have the top clubs reserve sides ruling the roost in the EFL.
    I thought that the EFL had just ruled out Premier B teams being given entry to the EFL? It wouldn’t surprise me, though, but it would be the day that I finish with football.

My opinion is that whoever is the top of every company, football club, school, whatever sets the tone for the whole organisation. It cascades down from top to bottom.
    So yes sadly I am more that concerned about the future of WBA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)