+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Banners flags

Banners flags

Am I right in remembering that when these owners took over they wrote into the terms and conditions of entry into Oakwell that they banned “flags banners etc…... Possibly after their French clubs fans protests?
    I’m sure I got an email….

First I've heard of it Jules but that's not to say your not right .

• Flags and banners should be presented to stewards prior to entry to the stadium where they will be inspected in accordance with this list and approved prior to admittance.
    • The club reserves the right to confiscate any flags and banners brought into Oakwell Stadium which weren’t approved by stewards on entry

Just found this. Also they have to be 60 x 100 cm and flame retardant. !

Just Hope the “one made us, one saved” us flag is flame retardant…. Especially if it’s in the “Fire risk” wooden stand!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    • Flags and banners should be presented to stewards prior to entry to the stadium where they will be inspected in accordance with this list and approved prior to admittance.
    • The club reserves the right to confiscate any flags and banners brought into Oakwell Stadium which weren’t approved by stewards on entry

Just found this. Also they have to be 60 x 100 cm and flame retardant. !

Just Hope the “one made us, one saved” us flag is flame retardant…. Especially if it’s in the “Fire risk” wooden stand!
    That's pretty much standard practice across the football industry Jules in fairness .

Would "Conway Out" banners be banned ?