+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One of the most pleasing things

One of the most pleasing things

Is whoever comes in is contributing and playing well

The strength in depth is suddenly quite good, when you think we have won games without Benji, drew at Celtic without Mulgrew and 16 yo Smith in there, won at Hibs without Butcher, Levitt, Sporle, L.Smith,McNulty, Chalmers, Appere, Reynolds, KSmith, Glass comes in and does a job, still have given game time to guys like Mochrie and Hoti here and there, even young Watson in the derby, Carson has done great when needed, Freeman is really doing excellent too

Think it shows the importance the energy Fuchs and Harkes gives though, plus Edwards being a rock too, even beside Smith in Mulgrew absence

Hope Sporle can still play a part personally too

Keep it going United

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Is whoever comes in is contributing and playing well

The strength in depth is suddenly quite good, when you think we have won games without Benji, drew at Celtic without Mulgrew and 16 yo Smith in there, won at Hibs without Butcher, Levitt, Sporle, L.Smith,McNulty, Chalmers, Appere, Reynolds, KSmith, Glass comes in and does a job, still have given game time to guys like Mochrie and Hoti here and there, even young Watson in the derby, Carson has done great when needed, Freeman is really doing excellent too

Think it shows the importance the energy Fuchs and Harkes gives though, plus Edwards being a rock too, even beside Smith in Mulgrew absence

Hope Sporle can still play a part personally too

Keep it going United
    Agree with all of this

And there’s a different feel amongst the support as well, a mixture of realism and optimism

Whilst we’re always three bad results from forum meltdown the team have deservedly created a feel good cushion for themselves

I suspect hospitality tickets for the derby are selling out rapidly ;-)

We are also beginning to play a bit of football which is the crucial thing to move up a level and not just be a dogged team that is hard to beat. Levitt and Glass (at Hibs) instead of Butcher has made our midfield more dynamic and dare I say it showing a bit of creativity.

On the subject of pleasing things it was interesting to see that it was Niskanen and Max who lingered the longest in front of the fans at the final whistle. Think they were amazed at the passion and noise there.

From Edwards signing an extension, amazing efforts of the players in the Rangers home game, second half response to being 3-0 down to Hibs, players reaction to goals v Hibs (Nicky Clark celebrates the second goal prob more than his own), seems to me players have bought in and backed the manager from the start, surely dispels some of stuff that was speculated on here early season.

Scotland needs a strong new firm and although aberdeen look poor, United look excellent. Only 3 points from top and certainly a real challenge for the title in my opinion, if you keep winning.
    Watching all the highlights, there is not much between rangers, hearts and United. Celtic are not far behind too I have to admit.

We have been here before....if we look like challenging or causing the 2 erse cheeks a problem....you can bet that we see the daily record reporting that Benji is going to Celtic and Edwards is going to Rangers...nothing surer!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Scotland needs a strong new firm and although aberdeen look poor, United look excellent. Only 3 points from top and certainly a real challenge for the title in my opinion, if you keep winning.
    Watching all the highlights, there is not much between rangers, hearts and United. Celtic are not far behind too I have to admit.
    Do you kiss the arse of every team in Scotlands supporters Teddy? Given your apparent love for Utd, I find it strange that you're on Sheep Mad today posting how you hope the SSB's take as many points off us as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Best of luck this season lads, I am hopefully you make it into the top 6 and take as many points as possible from hearts, Dundee United and Celtic,

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Do you kiss the arse of every team in Scotlands supporters Teddy? Given your apparent love for Utd, I find it strange that you're on Sheep Mad today posting how you hope the SSB's take as many points off us as possible.
    Hahaha brilliant! A multi personality cuddly toy

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    TB's got the fear

we're gonna win the league

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)