+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sun and the Daily Fail

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The DET rehashes every flipping rumour, repeats old stories that are days old, it makes really tedious reading to find out even a small nugget of fact!
    ... and the DET also posts photo links in its articles to things that happened 3, 4 or 5 years ago......

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The DET rehashes every flipping rumour, repeats old stories that are days old, it makes really tedious reading to find out even a small nugget of fact!
    To illustrate the point perfectly...today’s DT is linking Wayne Rooney with the Newcastle job...yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    To illustrate the point perfectly...today’s DT is linking Wayne Rooney with the Newcastle job...yeah right!
    Why wouldn't it? I mean, what premier League club wouldn't want to nick a gaffer who escaped relegation last season thanks to a 78th minute Waggy penalty in a run of 1 win in 15 games?

He's been a rock this season. Working under the worst possible conditions even for an experienced manager. He's done well with the team (walking the walk) and is also talking the talk excellently. I hope he'll come out and blow this crap out of the water although I don't think many will see it as a problem. It's only very recently that he reiterated that he was thankful to the club for giving him his first chance and that he's dedicated to doing his very best to avoid relegation and build a bright future for DCFC. He is, however, not PL ready yet and still needs to get some of the necessary qualifications.......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Why wouldn't it? I mean, what premier League club wouldn't want to nick a gaffer who escaped relegation last season thanks to a 78th minute Waggy penalty in a run of 1 win in 15 games?

He's been a rock this season. Working under the worst possible conditions even for an experienced manager. He's done well with the team (walking the walk) and is also talking the talk excellently. I hope he'll come out and blow this crap out of the water although I don't think many will see it as a problem. It's only very recently that he reiterated that he was thankful to the club for giving him his first chance and that he's dedicated to doing his very best to avoid relegation and build a bright future for DCFC. He is, however, not PL ready yet and still needs to get some of the necessary qualifications.......
    Lol. I look at it like this MA. Newcastle are now said to be the richest club in the country, and possibly beyond...so why wouldn’t a 35 year old with managerial experience totalling 50 games and a 26% win ratio be a natural fit?
    There’s journalism...and then there’s the DT which has fallen even further from grace than DCFC in recent years.

Now if they’d used their imagination and said that Benitez was back off to Newcastle and Rooney was being lined up at his beloved Everton it might have been a little more credible...but only a little.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-10-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Wazzer at least has the practice at fighting relegation that the barcodes need. But probably Zidane might be a better option, given their substantial transfer budget, when Bruce inevitably bites the dust. Plus head butting is probably a useful talent down Bigg Market on a Saturday evening

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Its almost as if some adolescent searches the internet for vague references to Derby County then hashes up some total *******s to print in order to fill up the pages!

Spent about four hours driving yesterday. Lots on R5 about the Newcastle job...and lots of hypothesising about who the next manager will be...Gerrard? Howe? Benitez? Lampard?...nothing whatsoever about Rooney.

Also lots from Alan Shearer defending Steve Bruce and describing how Mike Ashley has actually invested very little of his own money in NUFC, but just lived off the ‘reward money’ from Premier League survival.

DET might have been included in the thread title as well. Two credible bids and Rooney "told he'll have money to spend in the January window"....... yeah right.

It's a story the DET has regurgitated and there are no sources in it other than "The Transfer Window Podcast" of which I've never heard. Same goes for the 2 "journalists" named as being the contributors to the TWP (McGarry and Castles). I'd love it to be true but DET regurgitation has a success rate of maybe 1%.... if it's that high. I consider this to be no more than clickbait.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...nsfers-6108325

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)