+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sun and the Daily Fail

The Sun and the Daily Fail

... are reporting that the EFL has demanded proof that we can, in a financial sense, fulfil this season's fixtures. That means proving we can pay wages and bills. It is expected that the sum needed is £13.5M. We have enough "in the bank" to see us through to January. The rest can only have 2 possible sources, fans buying tickets and merchandise or the sale of the club going through (I have purposely omitted advertising and sponsorship revenue as we probably have already received that up front). Failure to provide such proof will lead to a complete transfer embargo, both in and out.

Not unreasonable IMO. If we can't prove we can pay any new players, we shouldn't be allowed to sign them.

Conversely, if we can't sell players either, we don't lose any of the players currently appearing to be doing sufficient to keep us up even with a 12 point deduction.

Are these reports true or is it the usual suspects causing trouble again?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ... are reporting that the EFL has demanded proof that we can, in a financial sense, fulfil this season's fixtures. That means proving we can pay wages and bills. It is expected that the sum needed is £13.5M. We have enough "in the bank" to see us through to January. The rest can only have 2 possible sources, fans buying tickets and merchandise or the sale of the club going through (I have purposely omitted advertising and sponsorship revenue as we probably have already received that up front). Failure to provide such proof will lead to a complete transfer embargo, both in and out.

Not unreasonable IMO. If we can't prove we can pay any new players, we shouldn't be allowed to sign them.

Conversely, if we can't sell players either, we don't lose any of the players currently appearing to be doing sufficient to keep us up even with a 12 point deduction.

It's all true, the Sunday Sport confirmed it.

I read this in the DT and thought it was a bit of a non-story.
    As you say it’s not unreasonable of the EFL...but surely any proposed takeover, whether Ashley, Appleby or A.N.Other, should have been completed by the time of the January window opening and if it hasn’t then signing new players will be the least of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It's all true, the Sunday Sport confirmed it.
    That raised a smile TTR.

That raised a smile TTR.
    Personally I think he'd struggle to read the Sunday Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I read this in the DT and thought it was a bit of a non-story.
    As you say it’s not unreasonable of the EFL...but surely any proposed takeover, whether Ashley, Appleby or A.N.Other, should have been completed by the time of the January window opening and if it hasn’t then signing new players will be the least of our problems.
    The DET rehashes every flipping rumour, repeats old stories that are days old, it makes really tedious reading to find out even a small nugget of fact!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Personally I think he'd struggle to read the Sunday Sport
    I saw you in there, it was full of big tits.

I have to say I believe very little that is news from the Daily Swail

The fact that you admit to reading it says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The fact that you admit to reading it says it all really.
    What part of my post suggests I read it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)