+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legend

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Don't come Redders , you were a true legend .

I'd like it to stay that way thanks .

I don't get this thing with legends supposedly tarnishing their name. When I think of Danny Wilson I think of promotion 96/97 and smile. I don't think of his second stint. Same wi John Hendrie- I remember his immense contribution on the pitch towards our success rather than his spell as manager. A should imagine older fans will remember Alan Clarke fondly from his first spell although it has to be said that his second spell was a success too imo. He kept us in the 2nd tier on next to nowt after the pit closures and our crowds had halfed.

If Redders does come he has a more than capable squad to work with. Who's to say he won't be a success? I know he struggled at Rotherham but he stepped in well at Leeds when asked to. What I'm saying is that what ever happens Redders will always be a legend in my book. I always say that good solid professionals (as players) tend to make decent managers. Redders was the ultimate pro' from what I've read and heard about him.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I don't get this thing with legends supposedly tarnishing their name. When I think of Danny Wilson I think of promotion 96/97 and smile. I don't think of his second stint. Same wi John Hendrie- I remember his immense contribution on the pitch towards our success rather than his spell as manager. A should imagine older fans will remember Alan Clarke fondly from his first spell although it has to be said that his second spell was a success too imo. He kept us in the 2nd tier on next to nowt after the pit closures and our crowds had halfed.

If Redders does come he has a more than capable squad to work with. Who's to say he won't be a success? I know he struggled at Rotherham but he stepped in well at Leeds when asked to. What I'm saying is that what ever happens Redders will always be a legend in my book. I always say that good solid professionals (as players) tend to make decent managers. Redders was the ultimate pro' from what I've read and heard about him.
    Working for this lot Pass is what I mean more than anything .

I wouldn't wish it on one of our true greats .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Working for this lot Pass is what I mean more than anything .

I wouldn't wish it on one of our true greats .

Fair enough Animal 👍

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

My view is also that he did a decent job at Leeds. Sometimes players are made for clubs; look at Eddie Howe and Bournemouth. I do see what Animal's saying. But me personally, I'd give him a go and wouldn't attach any blame to him if he failed. Animal's right though, not all supporters, particularly the ones too young to remember his playing days, may not see it the same way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12