+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Newcastle need to stay up

What Newcastle need to stay up

From Danny Murphy:

"I think Bruce's time as manager is almost up. He is going to go, it is just a matter of when."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58947166

I didn't realize that City were in the bottom 3 during the Christmas period after their takeover...that gives me hope that we'll be able to get out of trouble. We just need a manager that knows what he's doing asap

It all comes down to getting a new manager for me. I know the squad isn't great but I think can think of a list of available managers that would get more out of this team even without making a signing.

Come January, the midfield needs to be the priority for improvement, the game just seems to pass them by. I know the defence isn't great but I think we'd cope with just a LB arriving in Jan so the attention can be placed on getting 2 solid CMs in.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieKit View Post
    It all comes down to getting a new manager for me. I know the squad isn't great but I think can think of a list of available managers that would get more out of this team even without making a signing.

Come January, the midfield needs to be the priority for improvement, the game just seems to pass them by. I know the defence isn't great but I think we'd cope with just a LB arriving in Jan so the attention can be placed on getting 2 solid CMs in.
    I would say a striker is our main priority as Wilson misses way too many games but our midfield is also weak, as is our defence.

The thing is Fernandez and Schar aren't bad defenders....they've just been Bruced. There has been lots of talk of us signing James Tarkowski but is he much better than our current centre backs?

We've been linked with Dusan Vlahovic in the last 24 hours who looks a good player on Youtube with lots of big clubs interested apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpmurlZgBso

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    I would say a striker is our main priority as Wilson misses way too many games but our midfield is also weak, as is our defence.

The thing is Fernandez and Schar aren't bad defenders....they've just been Bruced. There has been lots of talk of us signing James Tarkowski but is he much better than our current centre backs?

We've been linked with Dusan Vlahovic in the last 24 hours who looks a good player on Youtube with lots of big clubs interested apparently:

He looks like a similar type of player as St. Maxamin only better.

A new manager is priority. Bruceasaurus won’t resign so just put him in charge of the youth team and pay him his current salary till his contract runs out. See how long he sticks it

I think playing Fernandez and Scar would improve us straight away I just can't understand how or why they haven't been in the first 11

It's pretty much the same defense that Rafa had tight as anything, so it can be done - easily.

The right manager will do wonders for the squad, add some solid player in Jan and I think we'll be ok.

But we need a new manager pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It's pretty much the same defense that Rafa had tight as anything, so it can be done - easily.

The right manager will do wonders for the squad, add some solid player in Jan and I think we'll be ok.

But we need a new manager pronto.
    Spot on there Jammy. One decent new extra at the back, two mids, and one striker should see us safe for this season and ready for the new managers restructuring for next season.

As for Bruce Terry, I wouldn't let him within a mile near the youngsters. I agree keep him to run his wages down but at best with an undignified, mundane boring job.

In fact Terry an idea for a new thread.

Vlahovic would be a great signing scores for fun and only 21 also watched the Calgiari v Sampdoria game and was really impressed with Joao Pedro scored twice and created havoc for the sampdoria defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post

True, a striker (or 2 if Gayle leaves) is needed. Would love Maupay from Brighton, absolute sh*t house and I love it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)