+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray McHale

Ray McHale

Apparently living in Dodworth

Very underrated player who did all the scruffy stuff so Glav and Banks could just attack without worrying about running back and defending .

Couldn't shoot for toffee mind .

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Apparently living in Dodworth
    Speaking to the delivery guy at the builders merchants, he was living in Bridlington near me 3 months ago. Has he just moved?

Am not owd enough to remember him laikin but I remember him at Scarborough as manager years ago. Did a decent job to be fair too.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Am not owd enough to remember him laikin but I remember him at Scarborough as manager years ago. Did a decent job to be fair too.
    He sometimes took stick off some fans in his playing days which I always thought was unjustified. Like Animal says, he did well for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    He sometimes took stick off some fans in his playing days which I always thought was unjustified. Like Animal says, he did well for the team.

It's usually the case Arby. A holding midfielder seldom gets credit. I suppose a modern day comparison would be Scowen and Hourihane. Hourihane grabbed all the headlines and glory but that was mainly darn to Scowen who never really got the credit he deserved in my opinion.

Id also use the 'Norman' Sheridan and Neil Redfearn partnership in 1996, one gets all the headlines and the other goes un-noticed and often under rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Id also use the 'Norman' Sheridan and Neil Redfearn partnership in 1996, one gets all the headlines and the other goes un-noticed and often under rated.

Stumpy was immense weren't he. Heart of a lion and a fair bit of ability.

It's usually the case Arby. A holding midfielder seldom gets credit. I suppose a modern day comparison would be Scowen and Hourihane. Hourihane grabbed all the headlines and glory but that was mainly darn to Scowen who never really got the credit he deserved in my opinion.
    I'd agree Pass. Scowen could always be relied on and was underrated.

Stumpy was immense weren't he. Heart of a lion and a fair bit of ability.
    Stumpy lol. I heard somebody calling him Norman at a match on a few occasions, so thats why I still call him that now, he always looked like a 'Norman'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast