+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben's Transfer Offer

Ruben's Transfer Offer

A club relegated from the championship made Notts an offer for him, Notts did t want to sell him and turned their offer down. I'm afraid he'll be off if an offer comes in we can't afford to turn down. It's on Nottinghamshire Live

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    A club relegated from the championship made Notts an offer for him, Notts did t want to sell him and turned their offer down. I'm afraid he'll be off if an offer comes in we can't afford to turn down. It's on Nottinghamshire Live
    Of Wycombe, Rotherham and Wednesday it would have to be Wednesday.

Always thought it was a cunning move getting loanees from Weds and Sunderland, and drawing their scouts here. They're just the sort of clubs that might be interested. If there's a bidding war, please let it wait til the end of the season at least

Good publicity, good exposure and a good decision not to sell last summer.

This is the sort of news I want to be hearing about the club. I'm sure his performances and productivity this season to date haven't done his value any harm.

If he is that keen to go already, let him go.
    Everybody would like a higher salary, but I don't like to see players talking about getting a move in the press.
    Him and Roberts both come across as pretty aloof and think they are better than Notts.
    Sadly that's football and life.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Everybody would like a higher salary, but I don't like to see players talking about getting a move in the press.
    Him and Roberts both come across as pretty aloof and think they are better than Notts.
    Currently I'd say he is noticeably better than Notts hence the reported interest from a L1 club. I don't read too much into it. Every player has his price if someone matches the valuation we sell and make a tidy profit to reinvest in the squad. If not he stays.

He should know that the better he performs the better his next club is.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    I get exactly the opposite impression and would guess most Notts fans agree with me.

And to get on in football and haul yourself up the leagues I think you need to have some 'attitude'

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I get exactly the opposite impression and would guess most Notts fans agree with me.

And to get on in football and haul yourself up the leagues I think you need to have some 'attitude'
    If they get bigger/better clubs than Notts good luck to them. I just hope Notts have contingency plans.

Think laddo is right on this.
    I don't see Rotherham or Wycombe as bigger and better clubs.

Now that news is out I reckon he'll be off like a shot in the next transfer window.

This was an interview with a Dutch outlet a while back, so who knows how accurate the translation is.

Whatever, it reflects well on Notts, I think, that we held onto Ruben rather than cash in at the first available opportunity, and well on Ruben that he’s been our best player this season and hasn’t let it distract him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast