+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruben's Transfer Offer

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    A club relegated from the championship made Notts an offer for him, Notts did t want to sell him and turned their offer down. I'm afraid he'll be off if an offer comes in we can't afford to turn down. It's on Nottinghamshire Live
    I'm very happy that Ruben Rodrigues is staying with us - at least for the time being.

On the (admittedly limited number) recent games I've seen RR & Calum Roberts are way above the general standard of our current squad. They do not come across as arrogant - just pi55ed off because we are doing badly and they hate this situation.

If RR +/or Calum are sold I for one would be extremely disappointed. It would be tantamount to admitting that we are accepting perpetual non-league status.

I would rather we let Roberts go if we had a choice and invest the money in the midfield general we are so clearly lacking ! However if he has to go it would give the chance for Roberts to shine again like he did in his first spell, giving him more freedom to roam and take up rodders role in stead of being restricted to the wing. I would like to think he could possibly be a ready made replacement for Rodders.

Paul Mace said it was Rotherham.

Desperately don't want him to go, but if he does, we have to deal with it. How we will is another thing though.

Rovrum would have been my guess.

I fully expect him to be gone before the end of the season. In fact I expect a fair few to be heading out the club at the end of the season. Especially with the new financial rules coming in next season for the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I would rather we let Roberts go if we had a choice and invest the money in the midfield general we are so clearly lacking ! However if he has to go it would give the chance for Roberts to shine again like he did in his first spell, giving him more freedom to roam and take up rodders role in stead of being restricted to the wing. I would like to think he could possibly be a ready made replacement for Rodders.
    Spot on....I'd hate Ruben to leave but I've not seen both of them stand out when in the same team...Cal looks a shadow of the player that we had when he used to have freedom to roam!

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Spot on....I'd hate Ruben to leave but I've not seen both of them stand out when in the same team...Cal looks a shadow of the player that we had when he used to have freedom to roam!
    True, but I think we're getting there. The formation change has helped (for Ruben for sure).
    Cal's fine where he is in the 4-2-3-1 but I think they should rotate a bit more and mix it up. I think we'd have seen this performance curve from Cal whatever formation and team mates he has - he was out for so long

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I fully expect him to be gone before the end of the season. In fact I expect a fair few to be heading out the club at the end of the season. Especially with the new financial rules coming in next season for the NL.
    Have the new financial rules been agreed yet? If those come in this division is going to become hell to escape, even more than now.

With both players, I would currently only put them at league 2 level with potential for maybe league 1.
    Both need to show far more consistency if they’re going to progress any higher.
    They’re also both mid twenties so aren’t exactly investments for the future for any club with an interest.
    I can’t see either attracting a fee that would appeal at this moment in time. As a comparison, Enzio had a much better CV and was younger than both R&R when he joined us.
    Hopefully their best chance of fulfilling their potential, is with us!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Have the new financial rules been agreed yet? If those come in this division is going to become hell to escape, even more than now.
    Name:  Screenshot_20211019-150216_Chrome.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  95.7 KB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast