+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progression

Progression

From the dark days of Donaldson and Durnan, through the less gloomy but still error strewn days of Connolly and Reynolds to the absolute joy of Edwards and Mulgrew.

Donaldson and Durnan - shudder these were dark days. But donaldson proved us wrong eh! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    From the dark days of Donaldson and Durnan, through the less gloomy but still error strewn days of Connolly and Reynolds to the absolute joy of Edwards and Mulgrew.

Bit harsh on Reynolds who mostly gave us a good shift (especially away from plastic parks) when we needed him

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Bit harsh on Reynolds who mostly gave us a good shift (especially away from plastic parks) when we needed him
    Yeah maybe it was a tad harsh, but was thinking more in terms of defensive partnerships than individually. In any case the progression is still pretty clear.

Yeah maybe it was a tad harsh, but was thinking more in terms of defensive partnerships than individually. In any case the progression is still pretty clear.
    The difference is probably top 6 v bottom 6.

Yes, I think he played his part in the progression, what we have now is better

Not only did he score again what about the clearance at the other end from Edwards?,it was a rocket shot destined for the net and a lot of defenders are ducking out of the way especially now with the dementia worries.He does not even go down which was remarkable.

When he first came in I had my doubts about his ability at our level but I was totally wrong. He's the best centre half we've had in years. His partnership with Mulgrew is just epic.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The difference is probably top 6 v bottom 6.
    exactly. Reynolds and connolly did a job so did jamie and no neck as has smith at RB BUT they have their level now and we have improved in these areas significantly. Jamie may be suited to league one though but having a LB who can get forward (and actually put in crosses) as well as defend in a system as a team has shown we have a far superior LB for scottish football. As for RB Smith will play when fit but i hope thats not to the detriment of Freeman. He has a lot to learn defensively but has a strong CB and GK covering - going forward he is much better. And cant be that bad defensively as our clean sheets have shown. I am much more comfortable with Freeman. I think Niskanen is a better player with better end product than mcmullan but thats presuming consistency as that was mcmullans issue. As for CM - they play as a unit and Fuchs has been a great signing.

Happy Days (just now anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    When he first came in I had my doubts about his ability at our level but I was totally wrong. He's the best centre half we've had in years. His partnership with Mulgrew is just epic.
    This.

What a player he is. 🧡🖤

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)