+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what's changed

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Soz Stoke just noticed this.

I think a biggest pat on the back is due to TA and anyone else who was involved in finding those players we've signed this season. Last season we brought in 2 excellent additions in Edwards and Fuchs but we also brought in Luke bloody Bolton who was keech and MM had to make do with the likes of him and players that he probably wanted out of the club if he had stayed on for the long term but Tam has been backed to the hilt and it's paying off immediately and long may it continue........
    Probably with Bolton someone at the club said if he's on Man City's books he must be good aye ok send him up.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I would say keeping the players we thought were away was just as important as the new arrivals.I will start patting backs after the window in January shuts and we have kept the squad intact.Do not get me wrong i'm over the moon with everything DUFC just now but i still feel uneasy about the model we are following especially if too many players are sold at the same time.
    I'm certain that Benji was away but injury prevented that albeit he wanted to go,it only takes another few games like Celtic or Hibs away for almost every scout in the land sitting in the Tannadice stands which is a worry.
    I can understand why you said that but have to agree with ADS. The better we do, will increase demand for our best players and in turn that increases value and return for the club when they do eventually get sold. That allows the Chairman to see some return on his investment and some funds to be fed back into player recruitment.

One thing I would say is that if we want to challenge at the top of this league we should always look to sell down south or abroad and never sell better players to the ersecheeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)