+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's changed

So what's changed

Here we are sitting in 3rd place, playing great football but just a few weeks ago most of us feared the worst after the appointment of a rookie manager.

Well tbh a whole lot has changed.

First off we didn't end up losing the players we all worried we would. Keeping Edwards Benji and Jeando has been massive.

Then the additions which arrived eventually after many late night moaning debates on here. Mulgrew. At the time he was signed there was rumours Edwards might be away, so to get that partnership has been massive for the goals against column. And...we've pretty much stopped lumping it forward as a first option. At last.

Levitt. Doubt many of us had heard of him but after a quiet start has started to show why Man U rate him. Jamie Robson played well this season but for me the signing of McMann is the standout. Harkes and Pawlett have been like new signings with TC getting the best out of them with our calm controlled possession based game.
    It's obvious that the players have been getting coached to be more patient and look for the right pass instead of the first pass. The high percentage option v the low percentage one and it's a joy to see the players doing it.

Niskanen. I suspect we've yet to see the best of him but the signs are already good. He occupies defenders and can play the ball off with left or right. Links play well and really brave. The transition from being patient in the final third to speed up play and create chances is brilliant.

All in all you have to give Tam Liam and the players great credit for changing us. Still early days but we are definitely on the right track.

C'mon United 🧡

Soz Stoke just noticed this.

I think a biggest pat on the back is due to TA and anyone else who was involved in finding those players we've signed this season. Last season we brought in 2 excellent additions in Edwards and Fuchs but we also brought in Luke bloody Bolton who was keech and MM had to make do with the likes of him and players that he probably wanted out of the club if he had stayed on for the long term but Tam has been backed to the hilt and it's paying off immediately and long may it continue........

I would say keeping the players we thought were away was just as important as the new arrivals.I will start patting backs after the window in January shuts and we have kept the squad intact.Do not get me wrong i'm over the moon with everything DUFC just now but i still feel uneasy about the model we are following especially if too many players are sold at the same time.
    I'm certain that Benji was away but injury prevented that albeit he wanted to go,it only takes another few games like Celtic or Hibs away for almost every scout in the land sitting in the Tannadice stands which is a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I would say keeping the players we thought were away was just as important as the new arrivals.I will start patting backs after the window in January shuts and we have kept the squad intact.Do not get me wrong i'm over the moon with everything DUFC just now but i still feel uneasy about the model we are following especially if too many players are sold at the same time.
    I'm certain that Benji was away but injury prevented that albeit he wanted to go,it only takes another few games like Celtic or Hibs away for almost every scout in the land sitting in the Tannadice stands which is a worry.
    I'm really hoping someone pays stupid money for Harry Souttar as soon as possible mate. That would negate the need for us to sell anyone unless they really want away. It's always a double edged sword when you're a selling club though, I'd rather the stands were full of scouts watching our players excel than have a load of shyte players that no **** wants like those ****s across the road ��

McNulty aside (who is clearly someone at the clubs golden boy) recruitment this year has been outstanding. McMann, Mulgrew, Levitt, Niskanen - every player we've signed has been an instant hit in the first team, so credit has to go to everyone involved in the recruitment side of things. You hardly ever get a 100% strike rate with new signings but this season has been as close to it as we could get. Hopefully Max follows suit. As GB has just said, keeping guys like Edwards & Siegrist has also been massive. That coupled with the fact Courts is creating a special atmosphere around the place, and clearly has the players working for him, everything has come together perfectly at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'm really hoping someone pays stupid money for Harry Souttar as soon as possible mate. That would negate the need for us to sell anyone unless they really want away. It's always a double edged sword when you're a selling club though, I'd rather the stands were full of scouts watching our players excel than have a load of shyte players that no **** wants like those ****s across the road ��
    This is very true,its no easy being a supporter of a mid-sized club like us,you are only ever a couple of mistakes in the transfer market away from a potential relegation battle and when you get it spot on bigger clubs cannie wait to decimate your squad.

Its so much easier being a Funster,1 you are nearly always at a shyte level,2 not many scouts attend Dens and if they do they cannie see the targeted player because of the pillars in The AuldHunStand,3 if they do lose a player its normally to their big cousins in Govan,the player goes for buttons with no sell on clause and they remain at the same level they were before the player left,ie shyte.

As i said a pure dawdle being a Funster.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    This is very true,its no easy being a supporter of a mid-sized club like us,you are only ever a couple of mistakes in the transfer market away from a potential relegation battle and when you get it spot on bigger clubs cannie wait to decimate your squad.

Its so much easier being a Funster,1 you are nearly always at a shyte level,2 not many scouts attend Dens and if they do they cannie see the targeted player because of the pillars in The AuldHunStand,3 if they do lose a player its normally to their big cousins in Govan,the player goes for buttons with no sell on clause and they remain at the same level they were before the player left,ie shyte.

As i said a pure dawdle being a Funster.
    you forgot 4 they dont actually care if they win a trophy, only if we lose and if we win just hide under the covers until next opportunity. Its a win win really

....and 5. You get offered £1.5M for Stephen Caulker,give it a big dinghy then he fks aff shortly after fir fk all.....beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    you forgot 4 they dont actually care if they win a trophy, only if we lose and if we win just hide under the covers until next opportunity. Its a win win really
    Hampden days out in the sun,
    are of no interest to the FUN,
    relegating their neighbours?,better than s ex,
    parading tangerine coffins and wearing DOON specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    ....and 5. You get offered £1.5M for Stephen Caulker,give it a big dinghy then he fks aff shortly after fir fk all.....beautiful.
    Letting go O the jewels fae TheAuldHunStand,
    Glen Kamara away for just fifty grand,
    Even worse was the event of 1971,
    they let go a legend and were christened The Fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)