+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Premier League clubs vote to block Newcastle sponsorship deals at emergency meeting

Wolves have literally just this week, agreed to a deal with an American sports company that comes under the same Umbrella as their owners -
    Jeez they must have Alzheimer’s and forgot all about it

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    Wolves have literally just this week, agreed to a deal with an American sports company that comes under the same Umbrella as their owners -
    Jeez they must have Alzheimer’s and forgot all about it
    I'll bet the prem clubs won't have a 19 to 1 against coven meeting on that one.

I am loving this. Now they’re concerned about sporting integrity and fairness in the transfer market?

SIX OF THE F*CKERS WERE TRYING YO FORM A CLOSED SHOP BREAK AWAY LEAGUE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO!!!!!!

Proven now beyond any doubt that the concern over human rights was a complete lie.

More info here. Seems the other clubs "are taking a safety in numbers approach"

https://www.theguardian.com/football...emergency-vote

What a bunch of crooked, selfish, hypocritical, self-serving, jealous, bitter cunts.

Only recently, this would have been a sentence about the Premier League...now it applies to our fellow Premier League clubs. They're acting like a bunch of spoilt kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Man City sided with us so well done to them as for the rest they are just green eyed jealous losers
    Technically Man City abstainted, didn't side with us but not against either.

Someone has just pointed out, no one complained when Sports Direct sponsored us - although the money there wasn't actually exploitative in our favour

Also, didn't know that TL, what a joke.

This will be destroyed in court. Unless they change the roles in these 30 days, I assume it'll be something like exsisting deals can stay but new ones can't.

Wolves announce new financial partnership with US investment firm Peak6
    https://theathletic.com/news/wolves-announce-new-financial-partnership-with-us-investment-firm-peak6/JulAO9P3xTd7/?fbclid=IwAR2VU5XdKWq2QHgDS_SgMeKfmpT79khUY7G8NAVV 4jmkKy5F4lV895PStiY
    Last edited by toonlegend; 19-10-2021 at 08:08 PM.

The idea of Financial Fair Play is a joke when 'fair' basically means 'preserving the status quo'. I get that there are clear concerns about spiralling transfer fees and wages and the financial impact that has on clubs, but surely the way to solve that problem isn't to place restrictions on club income but, instead, place restrictions on club outgoings i.e. salary caps and maximum transfer fees. They can't exactly make the argument that you can't interfere in a free market in this way when they've literally just passed a rule that interferes in a free market. If they want to resolve the issue in good faith, that's the only meaningful course of action (and no club would reasonably object EXCEPT on the grounds of 'we're rich though, so the free market is what gives us the advantage'); if they're simply just trying to stop Newcastle pushing most PL clubs one league position further down the table, then they'll preserve this dumbass rule they've just voted in.

Plenty of ways around it, PIF has stakes in plenty of companies, They could get them to sponsor us and pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    I don't know how this ban can remain in place permanently.
    The idea is for this ban to be put in place to give them enough time to change the rules permanently. Even if Man City object or abstain, it isn't going to change an 18-2 vote.

Settle it in court as anti-competitive I say.

They claim our investment would make the league anti-competitive and I suppose they are right if you ignore the absolute gulf in money (set in stone by FFP) that the top clubs in this league use to make the competition unfair already. Or the ability of clubs like Man U to over-leverage debt to stay in that club. Or why didn't they act back when Man City was using their pile of money. Or when Abromavich's shady Russian money was being thrown around.

They've got a cheek; pretending like the Super League didn't happen and then talking about the integrity of the competition.

Hypocritical bullsh'it.

I wouldn't talk. I'd just fucking sue.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 20-10-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)