+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisies

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Are you sure you understand the meaning of "hypocrisy" mon ami?
    Thought I'd better check, so looked up the definition of hypocrisy in the 20/21 Dictionary of Woke, this is what it says,

'Hypocrisy noun That which is heard whenever a virtue-signalling lefty opens his/her mouth.'

Who am I to argue mon ami ?

"Professor Neil Ferguson has warned the public to be ‘cautious’ with their daily interactions amid rising Covid cases."

Is this what you mean by hypocrisy BT ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Thought I'd better check, so looked up the definition of hypocrisy in the 20/21 Dictionary of Woke, this is what it says,

'Hypocrisy noun That which is heard whenever a virtue-signalling lefty opens his/her mouth.'

Who am I to argue mon ami ?
    For you and the EPL mon ami...
    hypocrisy
    [hɪˈpɒkrɪsi]
    NOUN
    the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.
    "his target was the hypocrisy of suburban life" · [More]
    synonyms:
    sanctimoniousness · sanctimony · pietism · piousness · affected piety · affected superiority · false virtue · cant · humbug · pretence · posturing · speciousness · empty talk · insincerity · falseness · falsity · deceptiveness · deceit · deceitfulness · deception · [More]

sanctimoniousness · sanctimony · pietism · piousness · affected piety · affected superiority · false virtue · cant · humbug · pretence · posturing · speciousness · empty talk · insincerity · falseness · falsity · deceptiveness · deceit · deceitfulness · deception · [More]
    Yep, sounds about right, sounds like every Lefty I've ever known.

and some!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The more I think about the Saudi takeover at the toon the more hypocritical it gets , we have all our players taking a knee against all forms of racism , gender , and any other made up crap they can think off , and then the governing body lets people in to the league who have no human rights at all.

I’ve sat and wandered if it even crossed their money driven minds before they sanctioned the deal , you can call my cynical if you like but aren’t they about everything that the football league has been protesting for the last two years in lockdown.

Rant over.
    The powers that be have decided that the buyers of Newcastle United Football Club are fit and proper, just like the powers that be have given Qatar the next World Cup because they are fit and proper

Like Sub say's, money talks and Morals only work when these "Powers that be" want to ram Their arguments and Their principles down our throats.

A peep of condemnation ? You having a giraffe BT, these feckers are charged with running football, why should they be concerning themselves with the political situation in Saudi Arabia ? We have governments, politicians, diplomats, journalists. the UN, Human Rights courts and judges, all capable of commenting and acting upon any misdemeanours by the regime in Saudi Arabia. I don't want to hear a peep from the EPL, FIFA or UEFA about Saudi Arabia, I have no interest in their views on politics in Saudi Arabia or anywhere else, they are irrelevant, let them concentrate on their job of running football and leave politics to the politicians.
    Strong - but true Sinkov

So now they should stop shoving politics down our throats every week we watch live and every televised game , I only posted it originally because you can’t continuously bang the drum for equality and ending all forms of racism and then invite owners to the league who simply don’t buy into or adhere to human rights.
    Last edited by army88; 20-10-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    The powers that be have decided that the buyers of Newcastle United Football Club are fit and proper, just like the powers that be have given Qatar the next World Cup because they are fit and proper
    Exactly Alto, this is consistency, not hypocrisy, they don't give a FF where it comes from , just give us the money.

I'm going to remind you one last time mon ami, when you voted Tory at the last General Election you did not realise you and millions of others had just signed a deal to put a serial lunatic into 10 Downing Street...

Attachment 20150

I'm going to remind you one last time mon ami, when you voted Tory at the last General Election you did not realise you and millions of others had just signed a deal to put a serial lunatic into 10 Downing Street...

Attachment 20150
    Be fair BT, ALL the alternatives were bloody worse. What is a poor man to do ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)