+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisies

Hypocrisies

The more I think about the Saudi takeover at the toon the more hypocritical it gets , we have all our players taking a knee against all forms of racism , gender , and any other made up crap they can think off , and then the governing body lets people in to the league who have no human rights at all.

I’ve sat and wandered if it even crossed their money driven minds before they sanctioned the deal , you can call my cynical if you like but aren’t they about everything that the football league has been protesting for the last two years in lockdown.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The more I think about the Saudi takeover at the toon the more hypocritical it gets , we have all our players taking a knee against all forms of racism , gender , and any other made up crap they can think off , and then the governing body lets people in to the league who have no human rights at all.

I’ve sat and wandered if it even crossed their money driven minds before they sanctioned the deal , you can call my cynical if you like but aren’t they about everything that the football league has been protesting for the last two years in lockdown.

Rant over.
    We live in a crazy globalised capitalist paradigm army. Money rules everything and you are right (for once! ) the hypocrisy of the EPL's moral crusade is f&cking nauseating, but as sinkov is quick to remind us, the Toon fans do not care.

Attachment 20144

I cannot see any connection between this takeover and players taking the knee. The players can take the knee or not, they can do nothing about who buys into Newcastle United or any other football club.

Some very unsavoury characters and groups own football clubs, I do not see the Saudis as any worse than many others, does anyone seriously think the Chinese or Russians or even our own government does not have blood on it's hands, if you do you must be walking round with a brown paper bag over your head. The real hypocrisy would be to make a stand on a Saudi takeover given the scumbags already owning football clubs. Does one more rat in the sewer make any difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I cannot see any connection between this takeover and players taking the knee. The players can take the knee or not, they can do nothing about who buys into Newcastle United or any other football club.

Some very unsavoury characters and groups own football clubs, I do not see the Saudis as any worse than many others, does anyone seriously think the Chinese or Russians or even our own government does not have blood on it's hands, if you do you must be walking round with a brown paper bag over your head. The real hypocrisy would be to make a stand on a Saudi takeover given the scumbags already owning football clubs. Does one more rat in the sewer make any difference ?
    Public floggings. Public hand amputations. Butchering of a "dissident" journalist and not a peep of condemnation from the EPL, FIFA or EUFA.

50 or so Hungarian fans clash with the police because a steward is called a name and the condemnation and retribution is swift and brutal. Taking the knee is central to this string of events.

Are you sure you understand the meaning of "hypocrisy" mon ami?

Stable door, bolted, horse comes to mind here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58920229

The only way that the Public Investment Fund could conceivably cease to be a fully functional arm of the Saudi state is if it had its hand chopped off.

Nothing to worry about here, money talks and that is all that matters as far as the PL is concerned. Don't waste energy by thinking that you can affect anything ---you can't!
    Amanda is loving it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Nothing to worry about here, money talks and that is all that matters as far as the PL is concerned. Don't waste energy by thinking that you can affect anything ---you can't!
    Amanda is loving it all!
    Money talks not just in the football world. Britain sells millions in arms to the Saudis. We trade with China and enjoy low cost items borne on, effectively, slave labour and a country with terrible human rights issues. The whole world is a cess pit and no one will take a stand.

Yes to a nice tune of :

'British officials authorised the export of almost £1.4bn of weapons to Saudi Arabia in the quarter after the UK resumed sales of weapons'

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Money talks not just in the football world. Britain sells millions in arms to the Saudis. We trade with China and enjoy low cost items borne on, effectively, slave labour and a country with terrible human rights issues. The whole world is a cess pit and no one will take a stand.
    Swiss --please feel free to take a stand and all power to your elbow. Personally, I am unable to do so because I am still glued to the road on a slip road of the M25 and nobody seems to want to move me except for the general public who want to carry on with their lives. Hard to remember that the Law is for the Protection of the People!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Public floggings. Public hand amputations. Butchering of a "dissident" journalist and not a peep of condemnation from the EPL, FIFA or EUFA.
    A peep of condemnation ? You having a giraffe BT, these feckers are charged with running football, why should they be concerning themselves with the political situation in Saudi Arabia ? We have governments, politicians, diplomats, journalists. the UN, Human Rights courts and judges, all capable of commenting and acting upon any misdemeanours by the regime in Saudi Arabia. I don't want to hear a peep from the EPL, FIFA or UEFA about Saudi Arabia, I have no interest in their views on politics in Saudi Arabia or anywhere else, they are irrelevant, let them concentrate on their job of running football and leave politics to the politicians.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)