+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wembley...behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Back to the late night rambles eh Swale, how we've missed them. Guess you'll be shuffling off counting your Euros at 11am tomorrow to avoid the embarrassment of idulging in any form of patriotism?
    Is tomorrow about ‘patriotism’ then, Andy? I always thought it was about ‘Remembrance’...and, to no small extent, remembering those who have sometimes died in the name of or while challenging misplaced ‘patriotism’.

Bit unfounded and ‘below the belt’ to imply that someone who simply questions the irony of ‘patriots’ supporting an aristocracy which has its roots in Europe should somehow be guilty of disrespect at 11.00 am tomorrow imo.

Back to the late night rambles eh Swale, how we've missed them. Guess you'll be shuffling off counting your Euros at 11am tomorrow to avoid the embarrassment of idulging in any form of patriotism?
    Hoist by your own petard I'd say, because I've no idea what you on about! A rather embarrassing rambling nonsensical response completely unrelated to the post I made.

Which is often the case with you. Ah well I guess if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I've no idea which is what you on about!
    which is strange because rA did. Hair of the dog?

Hmmm...only in so much as I queried the relevance and fairness of your response and challenged your grounds for questioning another poster’s ‘patriotism’.
    It’s been done to me before, not by you, when, because one questions certain attitudes in today’s Britain, you’re suddenly portrayed as unpatriotic, disloyal or anti British.
    It isn’t pleasant, especially against a background where those Brexiteer ‘patriots’ have probably caused more damage to our country than any other single event since WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Is tomorrow about ‘patriotism’ then, Andy? I always thought it was about ‘Remembrance’...
    Its about both rA. To quote directly from the people who should know, its when 'We remember the Armed Forces, and their families, from Britain and the Commonwealth, the ***** role played by the emergency services and those that have lost their lives as a result of conflict or terrorism'. And without further clarification, so I don't see the point in yours, other than your usual tactic of attempting to weaken a strong message. Its says nothing about the purpose, only the sacrifice.

Oh dear, you do make yourself look rather silly, but then again you do tend to make assumptions based on absolutely no evidence. Generally ones that fit in with your narrow perspective of the world.

Which, seeing as I made no reference to Remembrance is clearly a figment of your imagination! To think it was you attempting to be clever not so long back by saying about one of my posts, one can only interpret a meaning in a post by what's written, now your doing the exact opposite and making up a meaning which I made no reference to, either directly or implied.

You really must try harder!
    Last edited by swaledale; 13-11-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Its about both rA. To quote directly from the people who should know, its when 'We remember the Armed Forces, and their families, from Britain and the Commonwealth, the ***** role played by the emergency services and those that have lost their lives as a result of conflict or terrorism'. And without further clarification, so I don't see the point in yours, other than your usual tactic of attempting to weaken a strong message. Its says nothing about the purpose, only the sacrifice.
    Now you do what they told ya
    And now you do what they told ya
    (Now you're under control)

The irony to me, is that those same patriots/ nationalist/ self proud persons known/unknown.
    Gave their lives to make sure, that we wasn't part of a "united Europe" under a swastika.

This untited utopia some crave has lots of downfalls, which shows itself very vividly on the borders of Poland/Latvia/Lithuania and even our own southern coast.
    Merkel and her crew set the ball rolling and Schengen sealed it.

Swale is right about the royal family and its inter marraiges from all over Europe. But the UK has people from all over the world, not just Europe and being heads of the common wealth. How fitting.
    It's what/how they represent the nation as key. The red/white/blue seems to offend many in this country?

In the main the royal family have been to the benefit of the nation. I'm not convinced with the next twonk.
    They are supposed to stay neutral, I don't think he can.

Remembrance day is about every fallen service person. Perhaps folks could leave the politics **** out of it and just respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Remembrance day is about every fallen service person. Perhaps folks could leave the politics **** out of it and just respect it.
    Completely agree with that Tricky.

My ‘usual tactic of attempting to weaken a strong message’.

I’d love to hear your explanation of that one, although I suspect I won’t and you’ll just disappear for a while.
    Anyway, please do explain, and pay particular attention to the words ‘usual’ and ‘strong message’. Can’t wait, because this time it’s me
    who really has no idea what you’re talking about.
    You might also want to bear in mind who it was that tried to politicise Remembrance Day by introducing it into this debate in the first place.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-11-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)