+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wembley...behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Blimey! I realised your view of reality is often skewed by your own narrow perception on life, but now your begining sound a little deluded!

Higher ground? Lately you ahve been disappearing underground in the holes you keep digging!

I'm not or ever have been "in pursuit" of the fake Rattea, that is yet another example of your own preconceived perceptions changing reality, however I do know the post that reveals the use of his name to be fake, which clearly you don't!

Plus having "enjoyed" the pleasure of interacting with him when he was a Mod, I know his style! At least as a Mod your nowhere near as big arsehole as he was, so some positives there.
    Higher ground?

Lighten up Swale, I was having a laugh (partly at my own expense). I have noticed that you don't have a sense of humour so you'll have to take my word for it on this one

I'm not or ever have been "in pursuit" of the fake Rattea

Your pursuit got so irritating to the man himself that he had to drag an ex-poster back to vouch for him. I'm guessing your paranoia is such that you think THAT was a set-up too

I do know the post that reveals the use of his name to be fake, which clearly you don't!

...but I do have access to mod privileges designed to identify such tomfoolery, which you don't, so on balance I think a rational person would side with me on this one

At least as a Mod your nowhere near as big arsehole as he was, so some positives there.
    I'll try harder

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Higher ground?

Lighten up Swale, I was having a laugh (partly at my own expense). I have noticed that you don't have a sense of humour so you'll have to take my word for it on this one

I'm not or ever have been "in pursuit" of the fake Rattea

Your pursuit got so irritating to the man himself that he had to drag an ex-poster back to vouch for him. I'm guessing your paranoia is such that you think THAT was a set-up too

I do know the post that reveals the use of his name to be fake, which clearly you don't!

...but I do have access to mod privileges designed to identify such tomfoolery, which you don't, so on balance I think a rational person would side with me on this one

At least as a Mod your nowhere near as big arsehole as he was, so some positives there.
    I'll try harder
    WTF? You really have lost your marbles!

Your pursuit got so irritating to the man himself that he had to drag an ex-poster back to vouch for him. I'm guessing your paranoia is such that you think THAT was a set-up too .

Eh I made at most half a dozen comments hardly a pursuit! In most instances they were responses to his fake profile's attempts (which failed) to provoke me. But if you mean his fake profile was irritated by me not acknowledging he was real, fair does, that still stands.

Ah you have MOD privileges, mm why didn't I think of that? Or maybe I did? Still you play your games it clearly amuses you.

Yup keep trying, you are getting there.

Anyway...back on topic...drunken and drugged up thugs (at least 2000 of them), poor policing, poor stewarding and an inability to predict an entirely ‘foreseeable risk’ apparently...according to the enquiry. When will ‘we’ learn? Just embarrassing.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-12-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Anyway...back on topic...drunken and drugged up thugs (at least 2000 of them), poor policing, poor stewarding and an inability to predict an entirely ‘foreseeable risk’ apparently...according to the enquiry. When will ‘we’ learn? Just embarrassing.
    Absolutely. Lifetime ban from any professional football for any of the transgressors for starters, plus the less likely sanctioning of those in charge of the various 'policing' aspects.

Sadly, IMO 'we' won't learn

Predictible that it would go off for sure, but not so early or with such intensity, which is how I read the report discussion. Inadequate planning and resourcing maybe, but the police can never get it right for some people - when they try the lighter touch, they get hammered, when they try heavy touch, they get hammered.

No doubt it was a covid pressure valve release as well as a football issue. and its probably harsh that football should get the blame for what is, IMHO, a wider malaise in our society. Football has always reflected the worse side of our society, and in this case the frustration caused by the covid restrictions, it presented the opportunity for some "merrymaking"

Interesting to read of the big covid spike occasioned by the events of the day - for those unbelievers, what better evidence that close contact = heightened spread rates.

Its events like this that makes me despair for the future. I'd wager probably less than half of those creating the havoc were genuine football fans, so banning them from future matches probably wouldn't worry them anyway.

And they all probably voted for Johnson and Brexit

Although on this occasion according to the report, the Police were not in sufficient numbers at the right time. Seems to me the FA and the Police cocked up big time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)