Porthcawl, a sedate seaside resort on the South Wales coastline. The town flanked by a funfair and large caravan park on one side, the sort of reserved place people retire to, played host to Geordie folk rockers Lindisfarne at the Grand Pavilion on the weekend. I know the line up is not the same any more, only one remaining original member in this band , but the name still conjures up good memories from years ago ,when they were in the limelight for a while.They were in fact celebrating 50 years of performing, and played many well known songs from their large collection. The near full audience were treated to two hours of honest, down to earth music, from their collection, including my favourite”Lady Eleanor”. Their fans needed no encouragement to join in , especially with tracks such as Fog On The Tyne,hit singles Meet Me On The Corner and Run For Home, plus We Can Swing Together which nearly took the roof off in the chorus. The very mature bunch of fans who were inside the venue ,must have gone home with a real feel good factor , just like me. After the Clarets defeat earlier in the day, this was a perfect way to forget about it and just have a good time, doing something else. As I waliked along the seafront after the show, the moon was shining down on the incoming tide, I was glad I had come along and had been able to relive part of my youth from all those years. An enjoyable evening all round, and I hope they come back this way in future.