+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Booster Jab - Same Old Same Old

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m completely confused now so help me out here.

I thought this was being done by age group?

Are you saying that because you’ve reached “coffin dodger” status ( 70 or over ) that you’re now just allowed to rock up to any pharmacy and get a Covid booster jab?

I’m 60 and the wife is 65......are we able to do this?

I’ve heard absolutely nothing about just being able to turn up and request a Covid jab, I’ve had a nightmare trying to find a pharmacy to do a flu jab!!

I thought it was done by age and vulnerability otherwise any f ucker would turn up before those who are priority. You would even get the breathless berthas turning up on route to get more doughnuts if it was a free for all.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I thought it was done by age and vulnerability otherwise any f ucker would turn up before those who are priority. You would even get the breathless berthas turning up on route to get more doughnuts if it was a free for all.
    It’s a s h I t show this time around.

There’s zero news about who’s allowed to have one this time around and when and where it can be done.

They should simply say that everyone over 50 can have one where and when they can get it.

It’s a s h I t show this time around.

There’s zero news about who’s allowed to have one this time around and when and where it can be done.

They should simply say that everyone over 50 can have one where and when they can get it.

Many GP Surgeries don’t know about it but if you are over 50 and it’s been six months since your second jab you can have your booster by walking in to a walking centre.

Just had my booster and called the GP surgery and told that to stop wasting people’s time and give out the information!!!! Useless t wats

My Good Lady and me are due for ours tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    My Good Lady and me are due for ours tomorrow
    My good lady tomorrow as well. I am not due until next week.

There is some confusion because it is based upon the second jab. Some people in the early roll outs, including us two, had to wait 12 weeks for our second jab. Some later younger ones only had to wait 6 weeks as policy changes. Therefore some are now ahead of some of those who had their first jab earlier.

They are aiming at at least. 180 days from the SECOND jab.

I’m completely confused now so help me out here.

I thought this was being done by age group?

Are you saying that because you’ve reached “coffin dodger” status ( 70 or over ) that you’re now just allowed to rock up to any pharmacy and get a Covid booster jab?

I’m 60 and the wife is 65......are we able to do this?

I’ve heard absolutely nothing about just being able to turn up and request a Covid jab, I’ve had a nightmare trying to find a pharmacy to do a flu jab!!
    I'm 68 but my age did not seem to be a provision. In fact when I got to the pharmacy there was a sign saying anyone who had their second jab on or before April 7 was eligible. When they looked I was actually 2 weeks early but they jabbed me anyway and said the 2 weeks early would not hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I'm 68 but my age did not seem to be a provision. In fact when I got to the pharmacy there was a sign saying anyone who had their second jab on or before April 7 was eligible. When they looked I was actually 2 weeks early but they jabbed me anyway and said the 2 weeks early would not hurt me.
    This is exactly the point.

You can’t just rock up to a Covid jab facility and get a jab if you’re 50 or over as is being suggested by some on here.

You have to be clinically vulnerable todo that and you should’ve been contacted by your local GP anyway if you fall into that group.

The 50+ age group didn’t get their second jabs until around mid to end of May 2021 and so we cannot get our booster until around the 6 month mark and this are not disposed to be getting our booster until mid/end of November 2021.

Anyone who’s not clinically vulnerable and is in the 50-60 odd age groups is not just able to walk in and demand one at the moment.

I’ve been with a health professional this morning and she’s explained it fully to me.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Maybe those absolute W ankers in those GP Surgeries could communicate this information rather than playing pass the f uckin parcel!
    Fat chance Al, I swear our surgery have converted to Buddhism and taken a vow silence and solitude!

This is exactly the point.

You can’t just rock up to a Covid jab facility and get a jab if you’re 50 or over as is being suggested by some on here.......
    'Some on here'...... I think I'm right in stating the only person on this thread to suggest the booster is available to the over 50s is Al' when quoting your suggestion that it should be 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    'Some on here'...... I think I'm right in stating the only person on this thread to suggest the booster is available to the over 50s is Al' when quoting your suggestion that it should be 😊 .
    I couldn’t be a r s e d to look back through all the posts 68 and to be quite frank there seemed to be conflicting info in general.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)