+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Booster Jab - Same Old Same Old

The pharmaceutical industry is thriving.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    'Some on here'...... I think I'm right in stating the only person on this thread to suggest the booster is available to the over 50s is Al' when quoting your suggestion that it should be 😊 .

I am 100% correct. As long as you are over 50 and its been six months since your second jab - anybody can walk in to the walk in facility even ahead of someone who could be 90!

As we know, there are many over 50 but not so many who had their second dose 6 months ago. Fuming I found this out for myself rather than incorrect information at the GP surgery who are now updating their information.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    This is exactly the point.

You can’t just rock up to a Covid jab facility and get a jab if you’re 50 or over as is being suggested by some on here.

You have to be clinically vulnerable todo that and you should’ve been contacted by your local GP anyway if you fall into that group.

The 50+ age group didn’t get their second jabs until around mid to end of May 2021 and so we cannot get our booster until around the 6 month mark and this are not disposed to be getting our booster until mid/end of November 2021.

Anyone who’s not clinically vulnerable and is in the 50-60 odd age groups is not just able to walk in and demand one at the moment.

I’ve been with a health professional this morning and she’s explained it fully to me.

Most health care professionals have no idea what's going on. If you are over 50 and had the second jab six months ago regardless of whatever reason ( age, vulnerability, asthma etc etc ) you can join the walk in where I live and even be in front of a 90 year old. I know someone who has asthma and they have their second jab in April but hey this is a risk so they say!

This is before any NHS letters come out in 2025. I have a mobile contact if you want it! Had mine done this morning by walking up without any appointment and was offered Phizer or Moderna.

I rang the GP Surgery afterwards to ask that they update their information to which they are doing!
    Last edited by baggieal; 20-10-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The pharmaceutical industry is thriving.
    It does make you wonder. Maybe this comment should go on the conspiracy thread 55.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    It does make you wonder. Maybe this comment should go on the conspiracy thread 55.

So is mental health!! Masks will be made mandatory again so the whispers are saying!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I am 100% correct. As long as you are over 50 and its been six months since your second jab.....
    I never stated you were wrong. I pointed out who'd made the statement. For the avoidance of doubt, when you type 'Covid booster vaccination for the over 50s' into an internet browser it takes you to the following site 😉 .......

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...oster-vaccine/

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I'm 68 but my age did not seem to be a provision.
    Hi Manny, didn't realise I was that much older than you, I'm 79 this year

Supposed to be 6 months after your last jab. We won’t be due till November as we were done in May. I don’t see the problem. Anybody complaining it would be interesting to see how well they would have done 😬

My second jab was 28th April so should be receiving call pretty soon. I hope!

Left hand and right hand again !! Had a text from NHS this morning asking me to book my booster jab which I did online, and got a confirmation back (by email). Just had another email from NHS asking me to book my booster jab !!! Does anyone there know whats goingon ??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)