+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bring back Roy

Bring back Roy

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post

Loved him too BS but he’s like Biden - he needs to take up boules now or whist drives at that fine old age!

Val is doing a decent job managing a group of players who are average at best in this division!

England and Peace raped the club, Hodgeson and Ashworth was an unbelievable combo…

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    England and Peace raped the club, Hodgeson and Ashworth was an unbelievable combo…
    Yes it was.

I never saw a manager sort out a s h I t show as quickly as “Woy” did.

I remember going to a night game at Stoke just after he took charge, it finished 0-0 I think and he played Fortune up front on his own but the team shape was just so good.

Steve Clarke was one who liked fancy formations that didn’t fit the players we had, the luckiest manager in history for his first 15 matches and then after the Boxing Day win v QPR the wheels completely fell off.

No Plan B.

A recurring theme amongst managers who’ve failed here, Pullis another with his 4 central defender back 4, no pace in midfield and a useless lump on his own up front.

Buckley with the “tippy, tappy” nonsense......the list of overthinking abs too clever for their own good managers is endless.

If we’d kept Fat Sam, Diagne abs Yoksulu and possibly HRK we’d be top of this division.

I wonder if Appleton has been tapped up yet?

Yes he was one of the best. Came in when we were hovering around the bottom in January with transfer window was closed. Had to make do with what he got left. A team with low morale and low points.
    Turned us around in no time at all.

Surely he’d love a crack at getting us back to the prem ?

As has been said on another thread, he would have no chance unless the Chinese runt has done one.

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Surely he’d love a crack at getting us back to the prem ?

Love him to be Director of Football and working along side Val but as we know the t wat in China won’t pay a dime

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)