+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough v Barnsley match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Nice to see that the lad is being written off before he has kicked a ball for us , not like the Barnsley faithful , oh wait a minute they did the same with George Miller .
    only brought on by the garbage we are getting for entertainment

Nice to see that the lad is being written off before he has kicked a ball for us , not like the Barnsley faithful , oh wait a minute they did the same with George Miller .
    "They" did the same with Jordan Green, Devante Cole, Patrick Schmidt and Marcel Ritzmaier. Call themselves reyt fans like "us" for evvin an opinion eh. Some even said Morais was a dud before we had played a game under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Look how that one turned out.
    Yes, he is doing well , 5 in 8 I think, more than our forwards put together

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    "They" did the same with Jordan Green, Devante Cole, Patrick Schmidt and Marcel Ritzmaier. Call themselves reyt fans like "us" for evvin an opinion eh. Some even said Morais was a dud before we had played a game under him.
    Nothing wrong with having an opinion at all & I would never question that, what I would question is why someone would slag someone off without watching them thats all, do you not agree ?

Nothing wrong with having an opinion at all & I would never question that, what I would question is why someone would slag someone off without watching them thats all, do you not agree ?
    The internet is full of statistics and video clips to look at before a player is signed. They no longer arrive as a complete unknown. The club's recruitment policy is based on never seeing a player actually play live, having sacked the scouts.
    If you interview someone for a job people make a decision often on a CV of past statistics and experience rather than watching them doing the job.
    Fans looking at Oulare's stats have a right to question whether he is up to the job as a Championship striker before he plays.

Yes, he is doing well , 5 in 8 I think, more than our forwards put together
    If Miller was signed as a Fourth Division (Lg 2) striker it would indeed be impressive. Miller is playing against Fourth Division defences for Walsall.

Different gravy in the Championship.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-10-2021 at 04:34 PM.

If Miller was signed as a Fourth Division (Lg 2) striker it would indeed be impressive. Miller is playing against Fourth Division defences for Walsall.

Agreed

True , but some of the keyboard insults he got on some of the the social media were well out of order & to be honest he has never had a chance here whilst other players have had numerous opportunities & still do not improve , & I know what you are saying about the drop in class but such as Vardy & Ian Wright showed it can be done although they are the exception, however I will stick by what i say & believe that it is wrong to slag someone off without actually watching them .

I ain’t bothered if Obbi never scores while he’s here ……. as long as he stirs things up to allow others to score.

As did Aylott - who wasn’t prolific at scoring but much noticed when he wasn’t there.

Team

---------------- Collins --------

J Williams ----- Helik ------ Moon -----

Brittain ---------------------------- Styles ----

--------------- Gomes ---- Hondermark ---

------- Iseska ------ Woodrow ---- Odour ---

Oulare makes the bench

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast