+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Tamworth 19.10.21 (FACQR4 Replay]

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I think that's fairly obvious. It was due to the 3 main CB's and Slocombe getting injured.

Bringing in a loan goalie to handle a system like that along with 3 second choice centre backs is risky, and probably why IB reverted to 4 at the back.

Just one of those things. If we would have seen out the Halifax game it would have been job done in a way, despite the Woking debacle. As it is, the run was terrible and I'm sure IB realised he was light on personnel. Having said that, it's very unlucky to lose the back 4 (if you include GK) all at once. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again this season, as most other positions are covered well enough IMO.
    IB had already used 3 up top against aldershot and Wealdstone - both times to good effect (mainly due to Roberts becoming a threat). What’s been surprising is how quickly he seemed to decided to start this formation week in week out which may be down to your point above. I suspect going forward we might see a bit of both?

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I think that's fairly obvious. It was due to the 3 main CB's and Slocombe getting injured.

Bringing in a loan goalie to handle a system like that along with 3 second choice centre backs is risky, and probably why IB reverted to 4 at the back.

Just one of those things. If we would have seen out the Halifax game it would have been job done in a way, despite the Woking debacle. As it is, the run was terrible and I'm sure IB realised he was light on personnel. Having said that, it's very unlucky to lose the back 4 (if you include GK) all at once. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again this season, as most other positions are covered well enough IMO.
    It was already changed before the injuries, indeed he actually reverted it to the 3 because of them initially as he only had one orthodox CB (Brennan) and Chicksen/Brindley are only really options there when we play the three. Then he went back to a four as soon as we had another CB fit.

My guess is it was altered so he could include another attacker (Nemane or Mitchell) from the start, but this has generally left us too exposed - especially without a natural holding man in midfield.

Agree that the impact of losing your entire first choice defence and keeper in a week can’t be underestimated, and it’s great to see them all bar Slocombe now back.

Off the top of my head I’d go for Saturday: Patterson; Brindley, Lacey, Cameron; DKE, Palmer, O’Brien, Taylor; Rodrigues; Wootton, Mitchell. But plenty of options to consider after last night.

Unfortunately I didn't go last night as late finishing work. Can anyone who was there confirm who the assists were for? I have 2 assists for DKE but none for Mitchells first goal and was Vincent's from a short corner off Francis? Thanks.

Extended highlights on the Notts website also well worth watching. Some lovely stuff, far too good for the limited opposition, though their goalie should be proud of his saves.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cheers Swale, as highlights go they look pretty emphatic. They consisted entirely of Notts goals and missed chances.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Vincent looked quality...game changer?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Vincent looked quality...game changer?
    We can certainly hope so. How will he do against stronger opposition? How will he play alongside Palmer?

I think that was his first senior goal, which is surprising given the quality of his shots in this match. Two good shots in the first half.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast