+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Tamworth 19.10.21 (FACQR4 Replay]

A bit disappointing that it took two games, but the positives we can take from tonight could show it was a good thing. Mitchell finally off the mark, Vincent with a goalscoring debut, a confidence boost and a place in the first round. Looking forward to Stockport.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Biggest win in the FA Cup since Shildon in 2003.

Attendance 2,594, the third lowest in this competition at Meadow Lane.
    Not quite 3000 then. But, more than I expected.

I thought this might be close, but it wasn’t and a couple of our players have received a confidence boost, so that’s good.

Rochdale have had some poor results recently, so perhaps we stand a chance in the next round.

I think it's proven that we suit a 5 or three at the back a lot better than 4. Just looked so much more secure against the direct ball. Brindley and Chicken were superb defensively and breaking forward. Rawlinson was great at just clearing up.

I think a midfield three of Palmer, Vincent and Rodrigues looks tasty, still missing that nasty bully but think we might have found something there. Lets us have someone up top with Wootton to give him some support

Mitchell looked a different player tonight from Saturday, probably because he had Wootton alongside him, nice.

Not being in attendance tonight the score line suggests it was a comfortable and comprehensive win which there are lots of positives to take from it such as Vincent playing his first game for the club, Mitchell getting his first goals as examples.

Well Done Notts for avoiding a potential banana skin and despatching Tamworth this evening.

Winning becomes a habit so let’s hope this now kick starts us for the coming league run of games we have much like the Barnet win on the opening day got us off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Not being in attendance tonight the score line suggests it was a comfortable and comprehensive win which there are lots of positives to take from it such as Vincent playing his first game for the club, Mitchell getting his first goals as examples.

Well Done Notts for avoiding a potential banana skin and despatching Tamworth this evening.

Winning becomes a habit so let’s hope this now kick starts us for the coming league run of games we have much like the Barnet win on the opening day got us off to a good start.
    Let's be honest, Tamworth were very poor and didn't ever really threaten but we can only play what is in front of us. It was a comprehensive win that could have been a whole lot more comprehensive if not for wasteful finishing and some decent shot stopping it could easily have been eight or nine, and I don't think that is being unkind.

Still think we need an absolute boss in midfield and an out right goal threat up top and we'd not have to worry but as that isn't looking likely to happen, it's really nice to see Mitchell and Vincent come through

Just got back. Yes, lots of positives - DKE was great at RWB, Vincent really positive, Mitchell very threatening, Rawlo got 90mins in...Brindley, Chicksen reverted to CBs like ducks to water. Tamworth were competitive but you could tell they were 2 levels below. It was like the Belper game in being one-sided with our defenders having a ridiculous amount of time on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think it's proven that we suit a 5 or three at the back a lot better than 4. Just looked so much more secure against the direct ball. Brindley and Chicken were superb defensively and breaking forward. Rawlinson was great at just clearing up.

I think a midfield three of Palmer, Vincent and Rodrigues looks tasty, still missing that nasty bully but think we might have found something there. Lets us have someone up top with Wootton to give him some support
    Our best results this season and towards the end of last season have been playing a 3-5-2. The only reason I can think of to play the 4-2-3-1 is to get Roberts into the team? The front 2 of Mitchell and Wooton adds pace and strength to the team and occupies defenders, creating space for RR. Despite not being the most gifted or best defenders, DKE & Taylor add pace and mobility to the team. Also the 3 at the back makes it easier to play out from the back.

Just my thoughts but I wouldn't be changing formation anytime soon to accommodate an under performing Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Our best results this season and towards the end of last season have been playing a 3-5-2. The only reason I can think of to play the 4-2-3-1 is to get Roberts into the team? The front 2 of Mitchell and Wooton adds pace and strength to the team and occupies defenders, creating space for RR. Despite not being the most gifted or best defenders, DKE & Taylor add pace and mobility to the team. Also the 3 at the back makes it easier to play out from the back.

Just my thoughts but I wouldn't be changing formation anytime soon to accommodate an under performing Roberts
    Absolutely agree. I did find it telling Roberts wasn't even on the bench tonight? Perhaps it's to help him have a rest but as he's already had a week off recently through suspension, perhaps I'm reading a bit too much into it?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast