+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wycombe Wanderers Post Match Thoughts?

Vickers did ok but there were more players on the pitch that did more diving than him

It would be interesting to know the average time per game that their physio is on the pitch, compared to other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Vickers did ok. Apart from Barlaser & Wiles we had nobody opening their defence up. Grigg you can see why Sunderland don't want him if he doesn't score he doesn't bring anything else to the side. I'd have liked to have seen Kayode on instead of Ladapo we needed something different. I always say bring your young players through in home games more chance for them then.
    I’m in shock.

I agree with all of that.

I’ll add that mattock being made of glass didn’t help our game plan.
    We have to make a really early sub when ideally Grigg should’ve been off at half time.

I’ve never seen some of the tricks they pulled tonight to spoil.

The physios pretending to have not seen the ref call them on to waste time

Their injured player coming back on before the ref lets him to waste time.

The subs sent to warm up at the corner flag whenever Barlaser took a corner from that side to distract him.

****houses.

We didn’t lose we didn’t concede a goal.
    A well marshalled team that were hard to break down.
    Fully expected the theatricals from them such is their cheating game plan.
    Ref was abysmal, you could see that from the off. Some of his decisions were more than questionable and he obviously favoured Wycombe and the match being all about him, pathetic really.
    We huffed and puffed but couldn’t blow their house down. Ah well we’re still in a play off spot.
    Oggy wasted a great chance to smash one home when Smudge laid it back to him on the edge of the box but he bottled it.
    Barlaser and Wiles were class tonight. When his Smudge going to get the correct decisions off officials?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’m in shock.

I agree with all of that.

I’ll add that mattock being made of glass didn’t help our game plan.
    We have to make a really early sub when ideally Grigg should’ve been off at half time.

I’ve never seen some of the tricks they pulled tonight to spoil.

The physios pretending to have not seen the ref call them on to waste time

Their injured player coming back on before the ref lets him to waste time.

The subs sent to warm up at the corner flag whenever Barlaser took a corner from that side to distract him.

****houses.
    It's really a compliment to the team.

I bet they don't try it when playing bottom of the league

Disagree with griggs ladepo or kayode aren't better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    It's really a compliment to the team.

I bet they don't try it when playing bottom of the league

Disagree with griggs ladepo or kayode aren't better than him.
    I don’t think they are better strikers either. Just Grigg was having a very ineffective game and something needed changing. Not necessarily another striker.

They are cheats there is no other word for it.
    We weren’t great but ffs Ainsworth should be embarrassed with all of them.
    I’d rather shovel **** than play for them.

****ers.

There are many things to be grateful of in life. One is that I don't have a WWFC season ticket.
    Hoof, foul, fake head injury.....and repeat.
    We didn't do enough to win, sadly we were dragged into a mess of a game. Shame, they have some decent players.
    The Ref was very bazaar throughout. I must have missed the wrestling allowed memo .

Final thoughts from game. I'd like Smith lone striker with Sadlier behind him in no. 10 role. I don't see enough goals from Grigg or Ladapo.

Well that was a birthday to forget, well at least the 4 hours it took to get that match over. Wycombe I hate the club and the manager and tonight just compounded it. A spoiling display from start to finish with tactics to unsettle our players which worked and the referee was too much of a tosser to do anything about. A decent official would have at least booked their player in the opening minutes for pushing Rathbone over, i would have red carded him, but no, doesn't even have a word, only with Rathbone, then later he books Rathbone for a nothing challenge when the ball was practically out of play anyway.
    From that first fracas the Ref lost it and they knew they could get away with murder and they did, they only saving grace is they didn't sposs a late winner.
    Warne tried to balance up the back three but Sick Note Sam does it again, we need someone to be able to play in that position, Warney I used to play there, I passed 65 today but reckon i could still last longer than the 14 minutes Mattock did, he needs pensioning off and we need something to happen. either:- we get Angus back, we bring Tilt back in January or we sign another left sided defender. What is wrong with Bola, is he injured, i have seen nothing saying so.
    Overall we deserved to win, the second half performance was excellent and only let down by the final ball into the box, had we got the goal our sustained pressure promised in that spell we would have got more. I wouldn't argue with Barlaser getting MOM he is getting better each game and today was ably assisted by Ben Wiles who had a cracking game too.
    I'm disappointed we didn't win, more for the fact to shove it up that pseudo rock star of a yobbo manager they have, but not disappointed in the football, only one side played any today and they were in red.
    Vickers. Nice to see him in a proper game, one dodgy flap in the second half other than that fine, i like how quick he is off his line, he reads the game well.
    Edmonds Green. Another steady game, ever improving.
    Wood. Again the rock of the defence.
    Mattock. First bit of action and he's injured, enough said.
    Harding. Poor lad dragged back into the position he's not comfortable in, but did admirably, had a good game.
    Barlaser. So comfortable on the ball makes time to play the ball and more often then not puts a telling pass in.
    Rathbone. Not his best performance, but he's set a high standard so maybe we ask too much.
    Wiles. Really opened their defence up in the second half, pity he couldn't find the killer pass to finish it.
    Ferguson. Quiet game today, made some uncharacteristic mistakes maybe a bit rusty, i would have subbed hime earlier to give Miller a bit more time to have a go at them.
    Grigg. His quietest game for us upto now, correctly subbed.
    Smith. A good display again pity he didn't get anything really to get on the end off. Battled hard and got nothing from the waste of time ref.
    Ogbene. Caused havoc again, wish he could get a cross in, I hope i don't have to keep writing that all season.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast