+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wycombe Wanderers Post Match Thoughts?

I thought we were defensively good; better than I feared at the start. We played better football in the second half and put them under pressure. However, it increasingly looked like we would need a lucky break to score, rather than manufacture something through creative play or effective shooting.

..............well i did warn you the other day what WWFC would do, did PW/RB get in to the 4th official enough???

Only thing we got away with was in 1 of their attacks, Vickers came out and punched clear, but clearly out of his box. Then again the liner down our side was about as good as the Ref and the other liner. Why can't the keep up with play???

Why risk Mattock again from the start, he's a crock now? That was a sub PW probably didn't want to make it spoils his plan(if he has 1).

Please coach Ogbene how to cross,...Ladapo is shocking, but at least he ran about for a change............
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 19-10-2021 at 10:24 PM.

We all knew what to expect, we all knew how Wycombe would play. They've made a dark art out of it, we just had to find a way to overcome it and we fell short. It's as simple as that really. Can't say the effort wasn't there, the lads certainly put a shift in and looked the much better side for the majority of the 150 minute game. But only one side achieved what they came to do tonight and that was Wycombe, they'll be very chuffed with a point.

I'd say the 200+ that made the trip up from Wycombe on a rainy Tuesday night knowing what was in store are more hardcore fans than the 1200+ that made the trip from Pompey on Saturday. Imagine having to watch that every week.

Lets put this one behind us, be happy they didn't get away with the smash and grab they pushed for in injury time, and look forward to the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Final thoughts from game. I'd like Smith lone striker with Sadlier behind him in no. 10 role. I don't see enough goals from Grigg or Ladapo.
    You'll see even fewer with Sadlier.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Well that was a birthday to forget, well at least the 4 hours it took to get that match over. Wycombe I hate the club and the manager and tonight just compounded it. A spoiling display from start to finish with tactics to unsettle our players which worked and the referee was too much of a tosser to do anything about. A decent official would have at least booked their player in the opening minutes for pushing Rathbone over, i would have red carded him, but no, doesn't even have a word, only with Rathbone, then later he books Rathbone for a nothing challenge when the ball was practically out of play anyway.
    From that first fracas the Ref lost it and they knew they could get away with murder and they did, they only saving grace is they didn't sposs a late winner.
    Warne tried to balance up the back three but Sick Note Sam does it again, we need someone to be able to play in that position, Warney I used to play there, I passed 65 today but reckon i could still last longer than the 14 minutes Mattock did, he needs pensioning off and we need something to happen. either:- we get Angus back, we bring Tilt back in January or we sign another left sided defender. What is wrong with Bola, is he injured, i have seen nothing saying so.
    Overall we deserved to win, the second half performance was excellent and only let down by the final ball into the box, had we got the goal our sustained pressure promised in that spell we would have got more. I wouldn't argue with Barlaser getting MOM he is getting better each game and today was ably assisted by Ben Wiles who had a cracking game too.
    I'm disappointed we didn't win, more for the fact to shove it up that pseudo rock star of a yobbo manager they have, but not disappointed in the football, only one side played any today and they were in red.
    Vickers. Nice to see him in a proper game, one dodgy flap in the second half other than that fine, i like how quick he is off his line, he reads the game well.
    Edmonds Green. Another steady game, ever improving.
    Wood. Again the rock of the defence.
    Mattock. First bit of action and he's injured, enough said.
    Harding. Poor lad dragged back into the position he's not comfortable in, but did admirably, had a good game.
    Barlaser. So comfortable on the ball makes time to play the ball and more often then not puts a telling pass in.
    Rathbone. Not his best performance, but he's set a high standard so maybe we ask too much.
    Wiles. Really opened their defence up in the second half, pity he couldn't find the killer pass to finish it.
    Ferguson. Quiet game today, made some uncharacteristic mistakes maybe a bit rusty, i would have subbed hime earlier to give Miller a bit more time to have a go at them.
    Grigg. His quietest game for us upto now, correctly subbed.
    Smith. A good display again pity he didn't get anything really to get on the end off. Battled hard and got nothing from the waste of time ref.
    Ogbene. Caused havoc again, wish he could get a cross in, I hope i don't have to keep writing that all season.
    Only reason I put your Quote up Jake was to wish you a very Happy Birthday, it's just a pity we couldn't have given you a better one and won it for you.
    However, Wycombe are a horrible team to play against, and I really do mean that as a compliment. Yes they slowed the game down from start to finish and, as has already been said, I dont think I have ever seen an away teams medic on the pitch so often, it was as though almost every time one of their players was fouled, he needed treatment, but again the only reason we didnt win was because we got into some great areas and never put the right ball in that was needed.
    I honestly believe the referee was showing the crowd who was in charge, because almost every foul he gave them I actually agreed with, but when similar fouls were committed on our players, it was as though he didnt give them to show the crowd their shouting makes no difference to him and he's in charge, even though the foul looked obvious.
    He really needs to have a good look at himself because if I'm right in how I saw his decision making, then he's making the game about himself, and whilst we've had some poor refs recently, I cant remember our crowd giving any of them the treatment he got tonight, he was SHOCKING.
    Anyway all in all a good point against a team who, first half especially, showed they can play and will absolutely be up there with us at the end of the season , we take the point and move on. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    We all knew what to expect, we all knew how Wycombe would play. They've made a dark art out of it, we just had to find a way to overcome it and we fell short. It's as simple as that really. Can't say the effort wasn't there, the lads certainly put a shift in and looked the much better side for the majority of the 150 minute game. But only one side achieved what they came to do tonight and that was Wycombe, they'll be very chuffed with a point.

I'd say the 200+ that made the trip up from Wycombe on a rainy Tuesday night knowing what was in store are more hardcore fans than the 1200+ that made the trip from Pompey on Saturday. Imagine having to watch that every week.

Lets put this one behind us, be happy they didn't get away with the smash and grab they pushed for in injury time, and look forward to the weekend
    Definitely a match to forget

Wycombe bludgeoned their way to a point but still managed more possession than us. Only 3 shots on target for both teams added together

Car wreck football

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Definitely a match to forget

Wycombe bludgeoned their way to a point but still managed more possession than us. Only 3 shots on target for both teams added together

Car wreck football
    Stats I saw had us with 57% possession Grist and 7 corners t their 5. They had 10 shots to our 8 but we had 2 on target to their 1. There are highlights on YouTube but that's a bit of an oxymoron.

"Then later he books Rathbone for a nothing challenge when the ball was practically out of play anyway."

He booked Rathbone for persistent fouling. The one on the touchline the one near the 18 yard box where he was late and the one he finally got booked for. It was the right decision .Having said that its the only thing the ref got right all match . I though their number 6 was motm by the way won everything .

Boring game and one surely your not surprise we didn’t win? A point against this bogey team is a good point, having said that I thought we could’ve have nicked the win.

Yes I did say Mattock won’t play much, best if we just forget about him starting games
    Vickers did alright didn’t he?

Some bad passing again which definitely made the game worse, we panicked in the game when no need to

Think motm will be erm… I’m struggling tbh maybe Barlaser, could say Miller/Ladapo who did well when came off the bench

Still Wycombe cheat their way through games and get away with it and made a mug of the ref who I actually thought was going to have a good game 😡

Erm, all them chanting ****ers, wonder if they were spoken to? (Boo) 😉

You need a good ref who acts quickly to stop the nonsense that is Wycombe, the ref was weak and made some very poor decisions he aided them.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast