+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wycombe Wanderers Post Match Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Stats I saw had us with 57% possession Grist and 7 corners t their 5. They had 10 shots to our 8 but we had 2 on target to their 1. There are highlights on YouTube but that's a bit of an oxymoron.
    They had 10 shots?! I must of fallen asleep through that pattern of play.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    They had 10 shots?! I must of fallen asleep through that pattern of play.
    You probably thought it was a few rockets

I though their number 6 was motm by the way won everything .[/QUOTE]
    That would be the number 6 who took Ogbene out at waist height.

Worst game I’ve seen for a long time apparently the ball was only in play 39mins 18sec if so I’m going to ask for some money back.

On balance I'd of given MOTM to Wiles. He had a good game, broke the lines well, a nice drop of the shoulder a few times. Got in behind even though we couldn't quite muster the final pass. He looked our likeliest player to make something happen.

Best part of the night was Angus on co comms. Seems a bit of a character and helped us get through the game with offering out wine gums, asking where to get a pint at H/T and cramping up in the second half whilst sitting doing comms. That's how good the game was, a poll on which flavour wine gum is the best was the most exciting part of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Definitely a match to forget

Wycombe bludgeoned their way to a point but still managed more possession than us. Only 3 shots on target for both teams added together

Car wreck football
    Err specsavers appointment booked, that comment makes all your post meaningless !!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Err specsavers appointment booked, that comment makes all your post meaningless !!
    I thought 'car wreck football' was quite a good summary

Can't blame Wycombe for that though.
    It's not their job to come and entertain our fans, it's their job to get a point or three

They knew we smashed seven goals in our last two home games so they are going to try and stop us doing it by any means possible
    It's our job to rise above it and put away a chance or two ... we had them but too many scuffed shots in half decent positions prevented that.

Besides which we are no angels in the anti football dept as we used to do it a lot in the cship
    Wycombe may play a lot different given different circumstances. They did after all beat us 0-3 last season with ease

Agreed it wasn't pretty but it's a lesson learnt

Reading the Wycombe forum they are well chuffed about the result. Some thought it was there performance of the season. Not one mentioned the poor ref.

Be no lesson learned with Warney. Mattock he's done. Poor out wide last night. Up front same replace Grigg with Ladapo makes no difference. But manager can't see that he's trying to keep everyone happy but to the cost of the side.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast