+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Wycombe Wanderers Post Match Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Every club will try and slow the game down, they did it from KO but not every club cheat and take ref for a mug like Wycombe did, to imply we are like them is just wrong imo

Yes definitely another windup merchant on here, how sad a life they must lead
    Sounds like a distraught "massive",who is going through a bad time and comes on here masquerading as a Miller trying to pull us down.Really is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Yes, Wycombes over the top approach was atrocious and not pointing out that we don’t go to those extremes was my error, but I thought that was a given.

But yet again I’m labelled, rather than spoken with. I’ll leave you all to your circle jerk. This must be the cliqueyist fan site on the internet. It’s not enough to be a half century supporter and season ticket holder of the same club, you have to actually be “in the gang”. I suggest it’s the clique mentality that is sad and stifles proper debate. Label the person posting as a liar or WUM, discussion over. Sad indeed.

It is actually possible to point out the flaws in an argument without any of that bull****. Try it sometime.
    Has everyone forgotten that we are Wycombe in Red? Seems a bit rich complaining about using our own tactics against us. I thought the game was exactly what expected from two similar teams.

I’m not sure how it can be read any other way tbh

Wow, quite a lot of butt-hurt snowflakery going on here. By all means, point out where I have applauded any of what went on, or accused us of anything specific in the past. But of course, I never did. Ever heard of a straw man argument?

My thoughts were on how the thread reads, which I did specifically say. It reminds me of so many after match posts by supporters of our opponents over the last few years. It comes across as sanctimonious, and as if we don’t employ ANY such ideas in our own pure football ethos where we play like angels. The contrast between how other fans have written about us and the criticism Warne gets on here for his “good people” ethos was suddenly thrown into sharp relief for me, hence my “Wycombe in red” analogy that clearly went too far for many of you.

Did anyone want to discuss that though? No, of course not. I posted about a hypocrisy I’d noticed and so I was immediately a liar and/or a WUM. The “we don’t like what you said so we will attack you” mentality has ruled this board for years, 800 posts in 11 years? I’m surprised it’s that many. OK, We have never time wasted, our players never foul, they are only strong, we have never made any situation appear worse than it really was to gain advantage in any way. That better darlings?
    My comments weren’t just aimed at you but to quote you if you want to be a snowflake do be it.
    Like millertop said yes everyone has an element of it but we are nothing like some cheating ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Has everyone forgotten that we are Wycombe in Red? Seems a bit rich complaining about using our own tactics against us. I thought the game was exactly what expected from two similar teams.

I’m not sure how it can be read any other way tbh
    Like I said, my mistake for not being clearer. I could have been more elaborate that Wycombe in red was how other fans see us, and I could have debated that in greater detail. I do think people need to look at how they respond to opinions they disagree with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    My comments weren’t just aimed at you but to quote you if you want to be a snowflake do be it.
    Like millertop said yes everyone has an element of it but we are nothing like some cheating ****s.
    Erm, I wasn’t even replying to you, as you’ll have noticed, I quote when making a direct reply

And yeah, while I’m on it, my opening line quoted above was too strong as well. Just shows we can all do it. But to one who called me a Wednesday fan, you crossed the line

Like I said, my mistake for not being clearer. I could have been more elaborate that Wycombe in red was how other fans see us, and I could have debated that in greater detail. I do think people need to look at how they respond to opinions they disagree with though.
    Fair enough, maybe it’s the timing, some fans aren’t happy after the game (I know I’ve snapped before when we’ve had a bad game)

Anyway we could be here all day so I’ll leave it at that 😂

It’s one of the more sad features of this board. There are those that have no desire to discuss the points raised, they just make snidey personal remarks about the poster.

This thread is one of the “kinder” ones as the two main trolls haven’t yet contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Do they have stop watches in the posh seats?
    Mr Paul Davis does and he was near enough 😉

And yeah, while I’m on it, my opening line quoted above was too strong as well. Just shows we can all do it. But to one who called me a Wednesday fan, you crossed the line
    Stick to your guns BF, the idea of tis board is to speak freely and give your personal opinion, if some people dont like it Feck em

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast