+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Frank Vincent

Frank Vincent

First I've seen of him but thought he put in an eye catching performance last night albeit against Tamworth. He was industrious, passed the ball well, covered when he needed to and generally linked the play from the back to the front very well. Could be the link we have been missing all season. Promising

Quote Originally Posted by Goapie View Post
    Could be the link we have been missing all season. Promising

Let's hope he is. I notice the talk of bringing the Doyler back into the team was soon forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by Goapie View Post
    First I've seen of him but thought he put in an eye catching performance last night albeit against Tamworth. He was industrious, passed the ball well, covered when he needed to and generally linked the play from the back to the front very well. Could be the link we have been missing all season. Promising
    Agree. What IB says looks to be true - we're guaranteed energy and attacking play from him.

With what we want to achieve though, the best middle 2 (or 3) is still a conundrum. I think he'll be on the bench v Stockport

I think with Vincent coming to the fore, it will allow Palmer to play the Doyle role instead of Francis and I think we become just that bit faster and more energetic. Francis to me seems a bit off the pace at times, Palmer and Vincent seem to bound around and try and move forward quicker

Francis managed to frustrate me last night, even in a 4-0 win!
    Recycling the ball and keeping possession is important but we need to see all our players want to hurt the opposition - Ed needs to show much more of that in his play.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Francis managed to frustrate me last night, even in a 4-0 win!
    Recycling the ball and keeping possession is important but we need to see all our players want to hurt the opposition - Ed needs to show much more of that in his play.
    You could certainly see that he does have an eye for a pass but he just doesn't always look comfortable on the ball like when Palmer has the ball and also from what I saw from Vincent as well, I think that is the issue

Well I've only seen the extended highlights but from what I saw of Vincent he should be very high up in the managers thoughts now when it comes to team selection.

Vincent looked impressive on the highlights, always busy and looking to get forward. He looks like he has a bit of pace as well, which we have been lacking in the middle at times because Francis does seem to only have one gear most of the time. I'd like to see him in the side on Saturday to see if he can perform as well against better opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    Vincent looked impressive on the highlights, always busy and looking to get forward. He looks like he has a bit of pace as well, which we have been lacking in the middle at times because Francis does seem to only have one gear most of the time. I'd like to see him in the side on Saturday to see if he can perform as well against better opposition.
    What I liked about Vincent from the highlights was his enthusiasm. His reaction when their keeper saved his shots was a bit like the kind you might see on a school playground when one of your mates pulls off a great stop, which is very much a good thing. Also reminded me of a more mobile version of Regan Booty.

He will face far sterner tests, for sure, but Vincent bringing some much-needed drive and energy to the middle of the park can only be good for us.

Vincent deserves to start. Only Palmer should be nailed on for a midfield slot, nobody else has earned the right.
    Vincent looked good on the night but on the highlights it shows how much he hustled the opposition, something we haven't done enough of all season.
    Francis is tidy on the ball but is a liability in front of the defence as he gets knocked off the ball way too easily, he did against Tamworth, Stockport will target him as Altrincham did a few weeks ago.
    Hoping Burchnall will be brave and give him his chance.